Glyphosphate - application rate advice needed

/ Glyphosphate - application rate advice needed #12  
Elephant in the room,wouldn't you say?
The idiomatic expression "the elephant in the room" refers to an obvious or controversial problem that no one wants to talk about because they find it uncomfortable or awkward.

Another meaning of the idiom is an essential issue or topic that everyone is aware of. However, nobody wants to discuss or address it because it is sensitive or will result in embarrassment.

/ Glyphosphate - application rate advice needed #13  
Reason I ask is it's all irrelevant unless you know what it is OP is trying to control. For instance if it's bermuda glyphosate isn't going to be that effective no matter the rate. If it's fescue glyphosate 41% at 2 quarts per acre would work great.

/ Glyphosphate - application rate advice needed #14  
Reason I ask is it's all irrelevant unless you know what it is OP is trying to control. For instance if it's bermuda glyphosate isn't going to be that effective no matter the rate. If it's fescue glyphosate 41% at 2 quarts per acre would work great.
The elephant matters a lot... I've got a gravel road I'm trying to keep the grass from overtaking entirely. The Bermuda wasn't stunted at all when I sprayed it the other day, the water grass is dead in 4 days. And I used hand sprayer and higher percentage. The grass matters
And it is a bit hypocritical to kill grass to have a wildflower weed patch. Btw, most of the grass will be killed back by the glycophosphate, but it will be back along with weeds the grass tends to keep out. ..

/ Glyphosphate - application rate advice needed #15  
I am replacing 2400 Sq ft of lawn with a wildflower plot and trying to figure out how much gly is needed to kill the existing turf. I have read the label a dozen times and can’t make sense of it. One section states 2.5 oz for 300 square feet, but then another section indicates 3 qts per acre. It does compute. a 2.5 oz./300 sq feet rate works out to 20 oz for 2400 sq feet (which seems excessive). The 3qts / acre rate is roughly 6oz for 2400 sq feet. I’m applying it with a boom sprayer, if that matters, and using 41% gly.

Any experience on the amount to apply? I can work out the carrier volume and tractor speed, but it’s not clear from the label how much product to apply.

Also, if I miscalculate the carrier volume and have solution left in the tank after the first pass, is it safe to run over it on a second pass after the initial app has dried, or will it track across the lawn and damage non-target turf?
It's not the rate but the concentration. There's been some discussion recently about how to get rid of stilt grass because the time to do it is NOW before it seeds.

One way is to use a very weak solution of glyphosate. I found 0.5% to be that in looking online. To get 0.5% in a gallon spayer, I need to add only 110 ml of 18% concentrate (a gallon is 3781 ml) to 3671 ml of water. One of the commentators said this will kill any grass it gets sprayed on, too. Most of us have fescue and some Kentuchy blue. I've used the premixed stuff which others have mentioned is 2% in the past to kill grass.

Glyphosate isn't safe on sandy soil. Excess gets complexed by clay in clay or loamy soil. The unsafe (to fish if it gets to water from sandy soil) ingredient seems to be the sticker in Roundup. If used on sandy soil or near water, use Rodeo which does not have the sticker.

/ Glyphosphate - application rate advice needed #16  
I transitioned mine with no herbicide. Not to difficult. Let it grow. Nature did the rest. Turned out good.

/ Glyphosphate - application rate advice needed #17  
The idiomatic expression "the elephant in the room" refers to an obvious or controversial problem that no one wants to talk about because they find it uncomfortable or awkward.

Another meaning of the idiom is an essential issue or topic that everyone is aware of. However, nobody wants to discuss or address it because it is sensitive or will result in embarrassment.
"Language police" fits both your descriptions.

/ Glyphosphate - application rate advice needed #18  
For Bermuda try Fusilade. It doesn’t work fast on it but works. Beauty of it you can spray now and again over the top in the spring when the rhizomes sprig back out and not harm your broadleafs you planted in the fall

/ Glyphosphate - application rate advice needed #19  
"Language police" fits both your descriptions.
Haha! I've never quite understood the meaning of "elephant in the room", so decided to look it up.

/ Glyphosphate - application rate advice needed #20  
too much drama and virtue signalling for a simple question, so I deleted it. Thanks to the one guy @npalen that actually answered my question.

have fun girls.
yeah no shortage of drama/virtue signalling on here at times. I just saw your question. I use round up here ,not very often and very sparingly. If you have any unanswered questions. I recommend you google it......it what I do when I can't remember the mixing rate. I have round up....I go to Monsantos page. What ever you have go to the manufacturers page. The concentration rates may be different between manufacturers. Good luck