glyphosate and 24D mix Expiration?

/ glyphosate and 24D mix Expiration? #1  

RadarTech

Elite Member
Tractor
2007 Kubota L3400, YANMAR YT359C
Well, I am surprised by this… I was cleaning out the back of the shop, and found a 30 gallon sprayer tank and it was tagged glyphosate mixed with 24D and water 40, 40, 20.. it is about 3/4 full..
now the date on that sharpied tag was 2022..

and frankly I don’t even think that date is right, because I distinctly remember mixing it and using it and I thought I drained it last spring….

But here we are…

So my questions—

it isn’t gelled or lumpy…
1. do you think it is still usable?
2. Do you think with tank neutralizer that tank will be usable for anything else again?

/ glyphosate and 24D mix Expiration? #2  
Well, I am surprised by this… I was cleaning out the back of the shop, and found a 30 gallon sprayer tank and it was tagged glyphosate mixed with 24D and water 40, 40, 20.. it is about 3/4 full..

and frankly I don’t even think that date is right, because I distinctly remember mixing it and using it and I thought I drained it last spring….

But here we are…

So my questions—

2. Do you think with tank neutralizer that tank will be usable for anything else again?
If it will spray and doesn’t have lumps, give it a try. Worst that can happen is it doesn’t kill your weeds.

/ glyphosate and 24D mix Expiration?
If it will spray and doesn’t have lumps, give it a try. Worst that can happen is it doesn’t kill your weeds.
Yea. I am also wondering if the tank could ever be neutralized…

I’m gonna do something unique to spray … I have a hitch packer we sometimes use when going to the beach…
I’m gonna throw it on the 3PH Reese hitch and put the tank on that..
then I can use the cabbed tractor…..

I was using the UTV.. but it does not have heat or air.. ;-)

/ glyphosate and 24D mix Expiration? #4  
Yea. I am also wondering if the tank could ever be neutralized…

I’m gonna do something unique to spray … I have a hitch packer we sometimes use when going to the beach…
I’m gonna throw it on the 3PH Reese hitch and put the tank on that..
then I can use the cabbed tractor…..

I was using the UTV.. but it does not have heat or air.. ;-)
I think a tank neutralizer is worth a try. Or just use the sprayer for weed killer. I have 3 sprayers: weed killer, insecticide, and liquid fertilizer. That way you don’t need to neutralize the tanks, just rinse them after use.

/ glyphosate and 24D mix Expiration? #5  

But here we are…

So my questions—

mix glyphosate and 24D in several 2.5 gallon jugs to use in hand sprayer. some in the 2 year old range when I use them. work just as good as ones mixed recently.

/ glyphosate and 24D mix Expiration? #6  
Do you think with tank neutralizer that tank will be usable for anything else again?
Any rubber hose would need to be replaced. It takes a molecule of 2,4D to screw up certain plants. Cotton is super sensitive... The tank should be able to be cleaned.

Pretty sure it's still usable as a weed killer.

/ glyphosate and 24D mix Expiration? #7  
I've recently used some trimec and others from 10 - 15 years old or so. Weeds still died

/ glyphosate and 24D mix Expiration? #8  
My Grandfather taught me to not mix tanks. He had a small orchard (maybe 12 trees) of dwarf apples in Essex Jct. Vt. It was several years old and had just started producing. Then he sprayed one year with a pump that had some residue in it and wiped out the orchard.

/ glyphosate and 24D mix Expiration? #9  
The spray mix will do just as good as if you mixed it yesterday most likely, and on the farm we spray everything out of the same 500 gallon sprayer and have for years without any issues of any kind, If you have any doubts try a test area. Good luck.

/ glyphosate and 24D mix Expiration? #10  
But here we are…
So my questions—

In my 25 gallon sprayer, I have switched from roundup on the gravel driveway to 2-4D for dandelions in the yard by simply spraying half a tank of straight water through the sprayer after spraying roundup. I never had any problems.