Glock 43

/ Glock 43 #1  

RSKY

Veteran Member
Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot.
Tractor
Kioti CK20S
I am looking to trade my 9mm Kahr CT-9 on a Glock 43. I need a concealable 9mm. The Kahr is accurate, easy to shoot, and holds one more round. But it is impossible for me to conceal and still be able to draw. The Glock is just small enough to meet all my criteria.

Convince me not to buy the Glock!

RSKY

/ Glock 43 #2  
Glocks are reliable guns, not my choice but good firearms. There are so many CC guns out there now it's crazy. I have a Sig P938 that I like best for CC, I like and have trained cocked and locked for many years so it works for me.. If you like the glock trigger safety and you shoot it well, go for it..

/ Glock 43 #3  
Wish I could, but love mine! Get the Pearce +1 mag extensions along with a set of night sights and hogue beavertail grip and you'll be set. :laughing:

/ Glock 43
Glocks are reliable guns, not my choice but good firearms. There are so many CC guns out there now it's crazy. I have a Sig P938 that I like best for CC, I like and have trained cocked and locked for many years so it works for me.. If you like the glock trigger safety and you shoot it well, go for it..

My priorities are 1) reliability 2) concealability 3) easy to shoot in a hurry 4) availability of accessories (holsters, etc.) and 5)accuracy.

I shot one this weekend while in Louisville and hit very well with it. It was a rental and had "thousands" of rounds thru it.

RSKY

/ Glock 43 #5  
My priorities are 1) reliability 2) concealability 3) easy to shoot in a hurry 4) availability of accessories (holsters, etc.) and 5)accuracy.

I shot one this weekend while in Louisville and hit very well with it. It was a rental and had "thousands" of rounds thru it.

RSKY

What you did is the best thing you can do, shoot one before you buy one. The trigger is the most important part for me, if it breaks in the right spot without to much travel and is smooth and has a good quick smooth reset, I will probably shoot it well. Best trigger out of the box I have felt is my Walther PPQ.. Perfect trigger right from the factory. I can shoot that 45 as well as I can shoot my S&W Victory 22..

/ Glock 43 #6  
You should look at the new Glocks that just came out this month...43X and 48 I think are the models. Both are very compact single stack 9mm with a 10 plus one capacity. (Although aftermarket higher capacity mags will me available). They are very nice weapons. But my recent choice was a Sig 365, which I liked even better and its even more concealable. It shoots great and has an awesome trigger. But the Glock 43X was a very close second.

/ Glock 43 #7  
You should look at the new Glocks that just came out this month...43X and 48 I think are the models. Both are very compact single stack 9mm with a 10 plus one capacity. (Although aftermarket higher capacity mags will me available). They are very nice weapons. But my recent choice was a Sig 365, which I liked even better and its even more concealable. It shoots great and has an awesome trigger. But the Glock 43X was a very close second.

Don't know how they get all those rounds in the tiny mag on the 365 but , kodo's to them..

/ Glock 43

I like Sigs but the absence of a safety on the Glock in important for this purpose. The 43X and 48 might actually fit my hand better but the concealability of the standard 43 is what I am looking for. I like my Kahr but it is just a little too big to conceal properly.

RSKY

/ Glock 43 #9  
I have 2 Glocks, 9mm and 40S&W. They both are very reliable, both work great for cc. Love my Kimber compact CDP 2, same size as the Glock, but in 45acp.

/ Glock 43 #10  
Are you happy with trigger on the Kahr? Very different than a glock.
Have you pawed a Kahr CM9?