Getting hay balers ready

/ Getting hay balers ready #32  
Thanks for numbering them because it’s really hard to count that high 🤣

When are you cutting? Just finished getting what’s left of first cut in the barn, sold a shocking amount straight out of the field. It was a great hay year last year here but everyone ran out this spring.

/ Getting hay balers ready #33  
6 is even worse. Better you than me.
Small square balers are amazing to me. Some guy with no computer modeling, or computer for that matter, figured out that complex machine and got it moving. Like I was telling the land owner yesterday when he was watching me grease and get ready to roll, there’s nothing but very simple mechanisms inside…the problem is there’s about 100 of them and they just all work in perfect synchronization or they won’t work at all.

/ Getting hay balers ready
Thanks for numbering them because it’s really hard to count that high 🤣

When are you cutting? Just finished getting what’s left of first cut in the barn, sold a shocking amount straight out of the field. It was a great hay year last year here but everyone ran out this spring.
I did it for someone else ;)
I wait longer for tonnage. I get paid by the ton.
I am probably going to start in ~10 days. I’m also a lot further north.

2nd cutting I will go in a little early in some of the fields I drill and get some feed hay stored away.

/ Getting hay balers ready #35  
Me, I'm ready to go but alas, I have no tractor. It needs to get delivered from the dealer. Been there for a tune up.

/ Getting hay balers ready #36  
Well now it’s back to the Hesston up 10’ in the are and workin on those dirty, stinkin‘, rotten knotters. :giggle:

1st knotter on left had 2 leaky oil lines last summer and made a bin mess. All my manual pumpers leak a little, but not enough to replace.

Big mess, but not to worry-Hay Dude to the rescue.

View attachment 746385

One of the 90* brass oil fittings snapped clean off when I removes it. Easy to remove the threaded shaft since its oiled and soft brass.

View attachment 746387

Back over to the 270 Magnum.
Got everything hooked back up and for now, no leaks. :cool:

View attachment 746388
Please get a shield for that PTO. Complete Aftermarket Walterscheid plastic shields are available from multiple sources for less than $100.

/ Getting hay balers ready
Please get a shield for that PTO. Complete Aftermarket Walterscheid plastic shields are available from multiple sources for less than $100.
Sure “doctor”.
Since its so cheap, you buyin?

Last edited:
   / Getting hay balers ready #38  
Me, I'm ready to go but alas, I have no tractor. It needs to get delivered from the dealer. Been there for a tune up.
I thought you had previously stated that you & your Kubota dealership owner were "Good Friends"?

/ Getting hay balers ready #39  
I thought you had previously stated that you & your Kubota dealership owner were "Good Friends"?
We are. In fact I work there part time but like with everything else, they are busy and I get to wait just like the next guy. I suspect if it wasn't for the Kubota 0 percent financing program, they wouldn't be.

Been spending a lot of time helping assembling units lately. It's done and ready to come to the farm. Problem is, it will have to be physically driven here as the new bailer is to large (high and wide) to put on the roll back with the tractor attached to it.

Their Cub Cadet mowers business is booming too, interestingly. Lots of cubs in the shop for various repairs, mostly electrical issues and poor maintenance on the part of the owners. People tend to not do routing maintenance on their lawnmowers, just put them away in the fall and expect them to run without issues come spring. Don't play that way with the gum gas we now have.

/ Getting hay balers ready #40  
Sure “doctor”.
Since its so cheap, you buyin?
I bet Agri-Supply is less that the HayDr. In as much as you are running it and you seem to be pretty conscientious, I don't see you getting tangled up in it anyway.