Georgia Fall and Winter Thread...

/ Georgia Fall and Winter Thread... #61  
Hopefully no one will mind the resurrection of this thread but I saw this while watching the weather channel this evening.

image.jpg

I moved up from FL last year so I'm still trying to get used to the weather patterns in NW Ga, but its seems a little early in the year for there to be the chance of snow this far South. They were talking about the possibility of an inch of snow as far south as Atlanta. Granted its a model and a week away but I know my boys and I would be thrilled at the idea of seeing snow at our new house - the wife not so much.

Weather disruption aside I would enjoy the idea. I missed the big snow a couple of years ago in North Ga. All of the family was up at my MIL's place in Rome for the holidays and I was stuck in Tampa feeding alligators, kangaroos, snakes and birds at the time.

/ Georgia Fall and Winter Thread... #62  
Believe me..after a couple of days with more than a couple of inches...you will not be so enthusiastic about snow...IMO after the first couple of hours is just sucks...

This may seem a little crass but a good portion of this forum's members would have no (real) use for a tractor if were not for dealing with snow (it's what they seem to live for)...!

Be careful of what you wish for...!

/ Georgia Fall and Winter Thread... #63  
Trust me I believe you that the new would wear off rather quickly from dealing with snow on a regular basis. I've dealt with enough hurricanes, tropical storms, no name storms, and general weather ugliness not to have an appreciation for that concept.

/ Georgia Fall and Winter Thread... #64  
Trust me I believe you that the new would wear off rather quickly from dealing with snow on a regular basis. I've dealt with enough hurricanes, tropical storms, no name storms, and general weather ugliness not to have an appreciation for that concept.

I was born and raised on the intercoastal W.W of Pinellas county (been there and done that with tropical WX)...have had the property here in N.E. GA since the late '60's...I still have property in PI.CO. and I truly believe I have the best of both worlds...(salt water and mountains)...but last year's snow was just a bit much...and it (6") only lasted a few days but I was sick of it after one day...!

/ Georgia Fall and Winter Thread... #65  
Where at in Pinellas if you don't mind sharing? I grew up on 5 acres of salt marsh on the very north side of the county.... a couple of miles outside of Tarpon. It's one of the reasons the wife and I wanted to Ga. I was able to run wild through some of the last wooded bits of the county and we wanted the same type of experience for our boys and just couldn't afford that in Tamps.

/ Georgia Fall and Winter Thread... #67  
brin, native Georgian from waaaay back on both sides of me family. Paternal side came here in 1784, maternal in ----- get this - 1656! Actually, these came to Virginia first, then came to Georgia in 1788, and maternal great grandmother's people have been in Georgia since, oh, I don't know, few thousand years - Indian. So, reckon I'm native!

I'm in Columbia county, so know where old Clemson is from, near, or in McCormick, SC, great little town, and, has become a real retirement place at Savannah Lakes. Augusta is my home town.

Today, they are saying tornado watch a bit north of us. Very warm outside now, rain coming down hard, calm.

Here's my neighborhood: I'm on 9 acres. Share drive with retired Navy officer from Minnesota. Place across road was just bought by couple from Connecticut. Also share drive with retired Marine couple from New York. Old boy on land across my drive is from Kansas. Bri'ish lady and husband two places down. Hehehehehe, I often say we're the only native Augustans within 100 miles! I've been all over the world, and have to say, this area of Georgia is very beautiful. Weather? For me, give me the summer! I'll take heat, please. Pretty decent weather actually. Y'all boys come on down.

/ Georgia Fall and Winter Thread... #68  
From GA here, Lived here all my life. This is a little of what I was doing back in October. Glad that I was, being 22F this morning it is coming in handy right now.