Georgia Fall and Winter Thread...

/ Georgia Fall and Winter Thread... #41  
12/16/11 -3rd day straight temps into 70's here in Nth-E Georgia, sure would like to get some colder temperatures in here by Christmas, it just wouldn't be the same sitting by the fireplace in the den with No fire burning on Christmas Morning:cool:

We moved into our first house with a fireplace in Sept. '72 and that fireplace sure got a lot of use for the nearly 5 years we lived there. Fortunately, I knew where to get all the firewood I wanted just for cutting and splitting it. In 1977, we moved into a bigger home and that fireplace also saw a lot of use for 8 or 9 years, but the last couple of years I don't think it was used at all. And now we've been over 6 years in our current home and when we first moved in, I cleaned out the ashes from the previous owner and I bought a box of those artificial fire logs to use in the event of a power outage that last long enough for us to want some heat. We've still never had a fire in this fireplace.:D

/ Georgia Fall and Winter Thread...
12/16/11 -3rd day straight temps into 70's here in Nth-E Georgia, sure would like to get some colder temperatures in here by Christmas, it just wouldn't be the same sitting by the fireplace in the den with No fire burning on Christmas Morning:cool:

Deep - you do remember this time last year we were in the teens...I remember one morning at this time last year I woke up and it was 14 deg....I hope you don't wish that kind of cold back for us....beautiful this morning though.

/ Georgia Fall and Winter Thread... #43  
There was 4 days in a row i think 2 years ago where every mourning it was not warmer than 15F and i think we did not get about freezing for 3 days. There was ice in mudholes for a solid week!

/ Georgia Fall and Winter Thread... #44  
Here on 12/22/11 officially the first day of Winter and the 3rd day straight rain, with still even more days of rain this week to come and possibly Christmas day:cool: with now being 100% humidity and temps in the mid 60's it isn't at all winter type weather, I wouldn't be sure if this would even be considered Spring weather:cool: Needless to say we have some drying out to do before I get my tractor out to plow for Summer planting next week:D
I think in the past 4 weeks we have had all 4 seasonal conditions, Oh incidentally we have Tornado warning out for our area tonight as well, Hold on to your hats.

/ Georgia Fall and Winter Thread... #46  
"Oh incidentally we have Tornado warning out for our area tonight as well, Hold on to your hats."

Yep, going to hit here in about an hour.

/ Georgia Fall and Winter Thread... #47  
The Hot , Cold and moisture weather has finally collided here in Nth-E Georgia,
this morning we had 1/8 mile visibility Fog, actually was more like less than 100 ft. in front of me, Yesterday when the fog first started developing next county over there was a head on car crash resulting in two young fatalities, said could've been due to the Fog and Visibility,
Very Very sad....

/ Georgia Fall and Winter Thread... #48  
This morning awoke to the sound of Thunder and Lightning and pouring rain, rushed around to unplug the phones and electronics, and then stepped out onto the porch to find it unseasonably warm at 55* it has now warmed to 58* expected into the 60's* later today, This is by far winter weather, we should be into the low 30's this time of year, I've seen Flowers in bloom and our tree's have already started budding up,:cool:

/ Georgia Fall and Winter Thread...
Hey Deep....same here ..we got the thunder, lightening and rain about 7:15 AM....and my office window is open as I type....can you believe this weather...? Last year at this time I think we were having temps. in the teens...This will be nice if we go all winter with this kind of weather even if we have a cold snap or two...especially if we dodge an ice storm.

/ Georgia Fall and Winter Thread... #50  
Need a good spell of really really cold temps to help reduce next summer's BUG load!