Loader GC2410 Whats is the optimal RPM to run the Loader and Backhoe?

/ GC2410 Whats is the optimal RPM to run the Loader and Backhoe? #1  

cdaigle430

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF GC2410
Just curious, is it in the green area of the tack or can you go lower?

/ GC2410 Whats is the optimal RPM to run the Loader and Backhoe? #2  
I think the general consensus will be to run it as low as possible for the job to get done. The GC's have strong hydraulics for their size, and I would see no reason to run them at "PTO" RPM unless you are in a hurry.

/ GC2410 Whats is the optimal RPM to run the Loader and Backhoe? #3  
If I don't need the power I run at a lower RPM. It slows it down for fine work.

/ GC2410 Whats is the optimal RPM to run the Loader and Backhoe? #4  
I run my hoe at a PTO speed that helps me operate it 'smoothly' at my skill level.

/ GC2410 Whats is the optimal RPM to run the Loader and Backhoe? #5  
JD states 2200 for our old back BUT states lower speeds will burn less fuel. I get way with 1500 often. Now if I was "on the job" by the hour I am sure the one paying would like to hear the RPM's. :D

I think 2200 in our case is where JD set the pressure specs so if you want MAX digging power that is where you need to run. When I dragged the MF out of a ditch with the hoe I did it at 1000 RPM. It worked fine and I did not risk pulling things in to as much.

There are days when I just feel like moving slower than others.:laughing:

/ GC2410 Whats is the optimal RPM to run the Loader and Backhoe? #6  
I adjust the rpm to the work I'm doing and the sound level I'm comfortable at...might not be at max specs but I really don't notice higher rpm gives me faster movement or more work (but might be different if I had a hoe). It is a Deere.

/ GC2410 Whats is the optimal RPM to run the Loader and Backhoe? #7  
I can tell very little difference between 1500 and 2200 digging wise. In big roots even I do not cross 2000. Sometimes it seems I can slip up on the by-pass point better not making max pressure.

/ GC2410 Whats is the optimal RPM to run the Loader and Backhoe? #8  
I only run my 2310 at max rpm for my pto attatchments ( mower, tiller, etc ) the hoe and loader work just fine at lower rpm's. Do they work better at full rpm ?? Maybe... but unless you are in a rush... why not safe wear and tear on the engine and hst not to mention less fuel ! :thumbsup:

/ GC2410 Whats is the optimal RPM to run the Loader and Backhoe? #9  
Since this question is in regards to a Massey Ferguson GC 2410 (2310 or 2610 would be the same) I will share my experience.
In the backhoe manual the instructions state to run the engine at 1500 RPM while learning to run the backhoe. After you get better on the hoe more RPM equates to faster cylinder travel. But the majority of the time I find my engine is running 1500-2000 RPM with the hoe, I don't think I have ever used the hoe at over about 2000 RPM. The hoe seems like there is plenty of power available at all engine speeds but you can move more cylinders simultaneously at 1800-2000 or so RPM than 1500.
I find the loader lifts a heaping full bucket of dirt best at about 2000 RPM, but then I lower the RPM to 1500 or so to transport the load.

But I really appreciate how quiet the GC 2410 engine is when operating at 1500-1800 RPM. Quiet and a good amount of power available, plus your hour meter moves slower at 1500 than PTO speed.

Bruce

/ GC2410 Whats is the optimal RPM to run the Loader and Backhoe? #10  
Ditto what Bruce posted.

I probably run mine at ~ 1,700 most of the time using the BH or FEL. For the work I have done, including lots of stump pulling, I find that this works very well. It is great on fuel, has smooth and strong hydraulics, and quiet.

The only time I run at PTO speeds is when I am using the PTO (wood chipper or snow blower), or driving down the road.

But as the man on TV says, YMMV. ;)

Good luck,
Jay