GC2410 Critical Hydraulic Leak

/ GC2410 Critical Hydraulic Leak #1  

cdaigle430

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF GC2410
Hi Folks.
Was clearing some very heavy wet snow yesterday when I started to smell hydraulic oil and the loader started to shutter during lifting.
I immediately pulled into the garage and noticed the entire 3 point hitch area is saturated in hydraulic oil.
The glass shows no oil at this moment.
I first suspected a hose but cant seem to find where its pouring from.
I will have to wait until tomorrow to buy hydraulic oil and fill it up again. Then carefully see where it leaks from with tractor running.

I also want to point out I am running a 60 inch Woodmaxx snow blower.

This could be a serious issue if not a leaky hose or coupler.

/ GC2410 Critical Hydraulic Leak #2  
True, but it very likely is a hose or coupler...

/ GC2410 Critical Hydraulic Leak #3  
Check the couplers first, slightly adjar would still function if the leaker were a return or non-gravity hose. Like the "lowering" hose.

/ GC2410 Critical Hydraulic Leak #4  
Is the snowblower hydraulic? If so, check the hoses on the blower for the leak.

/ GC2410 Critical Hydraulic Leak #5  
Check backhoe bypass line,the one you connect back onto itself with hoe removed. Have seen the connection on case leak on, iirc, right upper side of transaxle.

/ GC2410 Critical Hydraulic Leak #6  
What did the leak turn out to be? I’m guessing itwas nothing serious or expensive.

/ GC2410 Critical Hydraulic Leak
What did the leak turn out to be? I’m guessing itwas nothing serious or expensive.
I am so frustrated with this setup on the power beyond hoses. Finally replaces the hose I thought was busted...added 1.5 gallons of hydraulic fluid (thats what I lost) and tested it.
Pump seems to be ok.
Well..apparently the 36 inch hose wasnt the only one leaking. A 24 inch hose is also leaking. Will have to take the rear wheel off tomorrow so I can remove it and get another one made up. Im done with the Massey dealership..they cant follow directions so i will get it made by the Deer dealership 2 miles from me instead of traveling 50.

Somebody...anybody have a bullet proof way to manage these hoses so the 3 point wont pinch, pull or cut them? Even the PTO safety bracked is poorly designed because it cuts the hoses on its edges.

Pictures of your ideas will be much appreciated.

I want a perm. fix because this leak almost killed my pump.

Is the snowblower hydraulic? If so, check the hoses on the blower for the leak.
The auger is pto driven and the deflector and chute are electric.

/ GC2410 Critical Hydraulic Leak #9  
FWIW, I removed my PTO safety bracket years ago -- you mean the bent cover-type thing, right? I just leave it off.

When the BH is not on, I take the "third" unused line and store that horizontally just behind the seat area, held up there with a piece of 12-3 wire. I just made a loop to hang that hose on. The 3PH arms are then free to rise & fall without hitting it. I do not have power beyond, so my hoses are much simpler to begin with, however.

DSC05173.JPG

I thought the hoses for the BH were power beyond?
Anyway..I spoke to my dad yesterday and he reminded me that at least I have a warm garage to fix this in:)
Yeah Im nervous about removing that safety plate but it is the main reason for destroying these hoses. Its impossible to manage them around it.