GC2310 Wrong Pump installed

/ GC2310 Wrong Pump installed #51  
I got the Massey to check the length of the shaft of their replacement OEM pump. An NO it is not longer it is the same length. What they did was changed the internal gear to extend the shoulder thus more spline contact. So for that fix the transmission needs to be removed. They say that is a 10 hour job start to finish.

/ GC2310 Wrong Pump installed #52  
I wonder if and this is just a theory, if the GC2400 series and the GC2310 series transmissions are interchangeable? Where I am going with this is those with the GC2310 might be able to purchase a crate transmission and it would be more expensive but quicker to swap them out.

lots of hard work and many parts involved-looking good and clearly you arent afraid of complex machines:)

/ GC2310 Wrong Pump installed #53  
I wonder if and this is just a theory, if the GC2400 series and the GC2310 series transmissions are interchangeable?

If that part existed, after spending many thousands of dollars on it, you still would have most of the 10 hours labor to get the rear end out, and then install the new one.

Once the rear end is out, it looks like it's only a matter of removing a cover, and changing out the gear. I don't believe you need to disassemble the transmission to do it. But, that's not be made completely clear to me yet.

The quick turnaround would be to trade it in on a new one.

/ GC2310 Wrong Pump installed #54  
If that part existed, after spending many thousands of dollars on it, you still would have most of the 10 hours labor to get the rear end out, and then install the new one.

Once the rear end is out, it looks like it's only a matter of removing a cover, and changing out the gear. I don't believe you need to disassemble the transmission to do it. But, that's not be made completely clear to me yet.

The quick turnaround would be to trade it in on a new one.

Probably right, I dont think you can order the whole assembly. Cant even imagine the shipping costs.

/ GC2310 Wrong Pump installed #55  
So I have the new pump with the longer shaft installed. Got everything put back together and the hydraulics are working great. Now time will tell how the new pump with the longer shaft works out. Thanks to Creative Resource Industries for helping me with the direct OEM replacement. I have video taped the complete dismantle and reassembly and will have it posted on youtube soon.

/ GC2310 Wrong Pump installed #56  
How is the tractor working. Feel like a new one with the power restored?

/ GC2310 Wrong Pump installed #57  
Yes power totally restored, I was out digging with the hoe yesterday and everything worked great. Maybe even a bit more power and response.

/ GC2310 Wrong Pump installed #58  
Yes power totally restored, I was out digging with the hoe yesterday and everything worked great. Maybe even a bit more power and response.

Please post more information about this repair.

Did you replace the gear in the transmission? If so, does it come out without any disassembly, other than removing the cover?

What is the make and model of the pump you used?

Approximately, how much did this all cost?

/ GC2310 Wrong Pump installed #59  
I have explained in my other post but I will post again. I got the pump Creative Resource Industries. You can look them up on the internet. I did not remove the gear as that requires a complete transmission disassemble. Transmission removal and splitting the case. There is approximately 1 inch more of good spline inside the gear so the longer shaft on the replacement pump worked well. The model number of the replacement pump is in an earlier post. It cost me $300 for the new pump. I did the work myself, I am a qualified industrial mechanic. The job took me about 12 hours, had I removed the transmission to change the gear it would would have been an additional 12 hours labor. I am very confident that the longer shaft engaging in the unused spline in the gear will be fine for a long time. Because of the poor lubrication in the tractor design I used Lucas Red and Tacky grease and applied a very generous amount.

/ GC2310 Wrong Pump installed #60  
Glad to hear that your MF is healthy again !

And thanks for all the information.

KC