GC1725 idle speed

/ GC1725 idle speed #11  
Move the PTO clutch lever (left of your photo) all the way back (up in the photo) to the stopped position.

To engage a PTO first move the rear and/or mid PTO levers (right of your photo) back (up) to engage
Then move the clutch lever forward (down).

/ GC1725 idle speed #12  
In this older thread there is an image of the same page in an older book for an older model where they have the levers labeled correctly GC 1710 PTO Operation

/ GC1725 idle speed #14  
Ths is how my GC 7115 reads....

PTO.jpg
i

/ GC1725 idle speed
Thank y’all very much for all the info. Really appreciate it. Gonna try it tomorrow and I’ll post my findings.

/ GC1725 idle speed #16  
To answer the original question.. yes there is a low AND hi idle adjustment screws..
Have a look around the inj. pump area while a helper moves the throttle.. the engine does not need to be running..
U back the screw out to reduce the rpm..

/ GC1725 idle speed #17  
Ths is how my GC 7115 reads....

View attachment 820124i
Ya, in the book for the 1723/25 they updated the image in the figure and pointed 1 & 2 at the wrong levers. Good thing I was not depending on the book to tell me how to operate. For someone that was following the instructions as they went I can see where you might move the clutch first and then engage second, because in the new book that's exactly what it tells you to do based on the figure.

/ GC1725 idle speed #18  
If you engage the clutch first, then the PTO gear, you'll hear a looot of grinding before stuff starts moving. Needless to say, it's a lot of destruction happening inside.

/ GC1725 idle speed
I got the sequence correct and the the levers correct and it does seem better. I guess I’m just used to the older tractors with lower rpm’s and the just don’t start up as hard. Thanks to all of you that helped me on this. Very much appreciated!

/ GC1725 idle speed #20  
I engage my rotating implements at 2000k engine RPM without issue - it prevents the motor from bogging down too much while getting the mass spinning. I have even started and used both a MMM and a RFM simultaneously and never considered the engagement violent.