GC1705 3 pt leak down

/ GC1705 3 pt leak down #1  

Jimc295

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey GC1705, Kubota B7100
Has anyone had an issue with their GC1700 series tractor 3pt leaking down fairly quickly? If so what was the fix? Thanks in advance.

/ GC1705 3 pt leak down #2  
What do you consider "faily quickly"? 3 points will bleed down over time, especially with a heavy attachment, like a box blade.
If it happens within a few minutes or when the tractor is running, you probably have a bad seal or two.

If it happens when the tractor is off, over a longer period (like an hour), and is just dropping a few inches, it's normal.

/ GC1705 3 pt leak down #3  
Explain "quickly".... Yes my GC 1715 leaks down... Never timed it..... But when working with just a ballast on 3PH (which is most of the time) , I use check/stay chains so I don't have to worry about it...

Last edited:
   / GC1705 3 pt leak down
What do you consider "faily quickly"? 3 points will bleed down over time, especially with a heavy attachment, like a box blade.
If it happens within a few minutes or when the tractor is running, you probably have a bad seal or two.

If it happens when the tractor is off, over a longer period (like an hour), and is just dropping a few inches, it's normal.
When I working with the loader and am using ballast it will leak down periodically and I have to keep lifting it back up or it will drag. Say over the period of an hour or 2.

/ GC1705 3 pt leak down #5  
Try closing the implement drop rate valve completely and see if it still leaks done.

/ GC1705 3 pt leak down #6  
2010 gc2400 here.
it drops over time.
light (the trailer hitch) drops an inch every 2 hours even running.
the 400lb+ box blade, tiller,snowblower bleeds down faster. not worth sinking money into to correct that. slap the up lever every few minutes and good to go.
you can correct that, its a rabbit hole not worth the money to jump into. it involves a **** load of work and parts.

/ GC1705 3 pt leak down #7  
2010 gc2400 here.
it drops over time.
light (the trailer hitch) drops an inch every 2 hours even running.
the 400lb+ box blade, tiller,snowblower bleeds down faster. not worth sinking money into to correct that. slap the up lever every few minutes and good to go.
you can correct that, its a rabbit hole not worth the money to jump into. it involves a **** load of work and parts.

s-l500.jpg

/ GC1705 3 pt leak down #8  
Has anyone had an issue with their GC1700 series tractor 3pt leaking down fairly quickly? If so what was the fix? Thanks in advance.
As others have stated, if you could literally see it drifting down, yeh it's a problem. Otherwise it's probably fine.