Gas cans - really

/ Gas cans - really #111  
All I can say is that I have several "new" plastic gas/diesel cans and I have never spilled as much fuel with an old fashioned kind than I have with the new "spill-proof" styles. I retrofitted them with the EZ Pour spouts, and have not spilled a drop since. Plus I can fill my tractor ten times faster with the vent.

/ Gas cans - really #112  
I've noticed that the tank on my cub cadet snow blower (chinese engine I think) is made of metal. The same for my son's older snow blower and also on my cub cadet walk behind tiller. I figure things are cheaper in China- so they used steel again. They are rugged solid gas tanks- not the sheet tin that we used to have on our small engines a few years back.
I grew up on a farm and I hand pumped a lot of 5 gallon gas cans. Then they had 3 different screw spouts, one on the other and you controlled the flow by the one you removed. We also used big steel funnels. Capturesssssssssssss.JPG

I must have 5 plastic gas cans and 1 diesel can that I don't have spouts for because they broke. I have one gas can that just has half the spout broken off (on my second spout) and I seal it from dirt with a paper napkin shoved in the top of the spout. Plastic cans tip easily in the truck and I am always careful to wedge them so they can't. The old metal cans were rock solid- stayed put.

I bought a just rite yellow can for diesel. It arrived today. It will be a couple of weeks before I need to run up and buy some diesel- but filling the tractor won't be about balancing the spout on the edge of the tractor fuel lip and pushing down gently to release the diesel as it flows slowly. The whole time I'm thinking it's going to slip.

Plastic is nice- maybe I'll start filling them with drain oil!

I bought this The diesel goes straight into the tractor after I buy it. It doesn't hang around in the tank. - Captuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzre.JPG

/ Gas cans - really #113  
I don't use gas cans much, just for gas trimmer, chain saw....got diesel in 55 gal drum with pump.......but the earlier video someone posted here of the no spill version is impressive. I think the regulatory powers to be went thru several failures with their mandates on fuel containers....but maybe they have just found the answer. IF...I had to buy one now it would be that one. No Spill Gas Can - YouTube

/ Gas cans - really #114  
I grew up on a farm and I hand pumped a lot of 5 gallon gas cans. Then they had 3 different screw spouts, one on the other and you controlled the flow by the one you removed. We also used big steel funnels.

What farmer hand pumps five gallon cans? You pick it up and pour it. Our gas cans growing up on the farm were 5 gallon and said "Champlain Oil" on the side.

/ Gas cans - really #115  
I don't use gas cans much, just for gas trimmer, chain saw....got diesel in 55 gal drum with pump.......but the earlier video someone posted here of the no spill version is impressive. I think the regulatory powers to be went thru several failures with their mandates on fuel containers....but maybe they have just found the answer. IF...I had to buy one now it would be that one. No Spill Gas Can - YouTube

Did you read the comment on that video?

"Now... How about telling folks WHERE you can purchase them?"

:mur:

:laughing:

/ Gas cans - really #116  
The No-spill cans can do that.
I replaced all my gas cans with the No-spill cans. By far the nicest working cans I have used. (available for diesel also)
Pour fast, slow or instantly stop with the button.
No-Spill Gas Can - For Life Out Here

No Spill Jill ;) I watched that three times and still didnt see how the tank worked..

/ Gas cans - really #118  
I think the regulatory powers to be went thru several failures with their mandates on fuel containers....but maybe they have just found the answer. IF...I had to buy one now it would be that one.

The regulators don't design the gas cans they just write requirements. It's up to the gas can manufacturers to make a design that meets them. Like how every tractor manufacturer has their own solution to meeting Tier 4 and some work better than others. No-spill seems to have done a good job of it. I got one of their gas cans recently and it works better than my old motorsports cans or my old plastic diesel cans. It's easier to pour, easier to control the flow rate, and spills much less. I've since bought a new No-spill diesel can and another one of their gas cans for the generator (power's been out a lot this winter).

Mossroad- they're available on Amazon, at Ace hardwares, and at TSC.

Midniteoyl- there's a button on the head, opposite the spout. It's protected by a couple pieces of plastic so it's less likely to get pushed in by accident while transporting the can. It doesn't take much force to push it in, and it's positioned so you can operate it with your thumb while holding onto the head with your fingers.

Not shilling for No-spill, I'm just pleased to find something that works well.

/ Gas cans - really #119  
The vent caps on my 5 gallon fuel can keep disappearing. I've been putting screws in the hole to keep the fuel from sloshing out too much getting it home, but it's been a failure for far too long. Somebody provided a link to replacement vent caps at Amazon that looked just like what I had, so I bought a pack of them. It turns out that the new, replacement vent caps are just a little smaller then the original ones on the cans, and they fall out. I had some purple primer and clear pvc cement on my shelf, so I gave that a try. It worked great!!!!!! Now I'm happy with my diesel and gas cans again. :)