fusible link

/ fusible link #1  

ihuntbear

Gold Member
Tractor
2015 tym T554 and 1999 Kobota m4700
had snow last night 20cm..cleared out 42 driveways.When i parked it i let it i let it run a little to cool down.alll of a sudden it quit felt like it ran out of fuel.would not restart ,called the dealer.the mechanic said the fusible link let go..anybody have this happen to them..he said it was common.I bought two..saves the 50.00 service call

/ fusible link #2  
Why did he say it let go? If it is common what is the cure? Seems to me somebody is cutting into your snow plowing profit.

/ fusible link #3  
What model tractor are you talking about ?????

/ fusible link
I have a ct50u . just got back from the dealer..they said it was common .I told them the lights dimed for a second and the key seemed hot to touch then engine died.they sold me a new ign switch and two fusible links.I dont know why I couldnt put an inline fuse instead of the 12.00 fusible link.They also said its common for the screws in the ign switch to loosen and heat up causing link to blow.f%%king chinese tractors

/ fusible link
just got back from the dealer.The ign switch was fried.They said when these tractors are made they dont have a cab on them.If the customer wants a cab it goes back in and a cab is put on along with a new high amp ign switch.Mine wasn't replaced:confused2::confused:anyway all fixed now along with new fusible link.If your looking for the fusible link its the grey wire with two white plastic ends just above the oil filter.