Fused wire links. Anyone have experience with these?

/ Fused wire links. Anyone have experience with these? #1  

JasperFrank

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 1220
This is a general question about wire fuses. A common fuse you just pull out and replace. A wire fuse, just confuses me. Do you have to just make your own? They don't have part numbers. At least they don't my case. Is it just the gauge, or is there something else, special to the wire that makes it a "fuse" wire?

/ Fused wire links. Anyone have experience with these? #2  
not real sure on the working side, but it is available locally

Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 2.57.40 PM.png

/ Fused wire links. Anyone have experience with these? #3  
I've seen that wire. I imagine it would be a big pain when it blows.

I'd be tempted to replace with inline fuses.

41fnXlJp0sL._SY445_SX342_QL70_FMwebp_.jpg

/ Fused wire links. Anyone have experience with these?
I've capitulated. Three days of attempting to figure this out, and I'm done. Thank you all for attempting answers. Its going to a shop.

/ Fused wire links. Anyone have experience with these? #5  
You can make a fusible link with the wire shown in the Napa picture. Most likely the original is 14 ga.

/ Fused wire links. Anyone have experience with these?
I know its 14g. The as tested fuse wire is fine. So I'm at a lost to where the issue is. The manual said a relay is here, somewhere yet it isn't there in any chart. Modern vehicles are sort of complicated. It will cost me, but I want to know now, why this failed, and where, even if it costs a bit, to tell people later how to fix it. :)

/ Fused wire links. Anyone have experience with these? #7  
I've seen that wire. I imagine it would be a big pain when it blows.

I'd be tempted to replace with inline fuses.

41fnXlJp0sL._SY445_SX342_QL70_FMwebp_.jpg
This is how I have fixed them. The worst part about fusable links is they can be really hard to find and sometimes dont fully fail so your left with a intermittent electrical failure.