Oil & Fuel FUEL SHUT OFF LEAK

/ FUEL SHUT OFF LEAK #1  

WACO

Has anyone had to fix a fuel leak at the fuel shut off valve shaft? Before I take it all apart I was wondering what I might need to repair it. This is on my 1510D if it matters.

/ FUEL SHUT OFF LEAK #2  
On my 1700, It leaked everywhere, at the shutoff, on the bleed screws, at the bowl... I know it was just orings, but I ended up replacing the whole bowl assemble in desperation one day. I would like to have done it oem.. but was in a bind and just ran down to the store and got a generic diesel one that just fit.

Soundguy

/ FUEL SHUT OFF LEAK #3  
WACO,
I have a YM1110D on which the shutoff didn't work. The lever is that cheap "pot metal" junk. It has two little prongs that engage a plastic cone shaped valve assy. It also leaked a little. It is a very simple arrangement. All you have to do is remove the little screw on the top of the fuel bowl assy, and the lever will come out - but be careful, because there is a little spring in there as well. It won't fly apart - but remove the lever slowly so you don't lose the spring. There is a little o-ring around the shaft where it runs inside the fuel bowl assy. You should be able to get a replacement almost anywhere that sells this kind of stuff. The parts manual lists it as a P-10A o-ring.

I scanned part of my parts manual from the YM1510D and attached it here. The o-ring is No. 7 on the list. I think this filter bowl assy was used on all YM series Yanmar tractors. If you can't get the o-ring from anywhere else, you can get it from a Yanmar dealer, since it was used on the U.S. Yanmars like the YM135, and YM155.

Hope this helps.

Greg

Attachments

• 49-167272-1510_Fuel_bowl.jpg
    49-167272-1510_Fuel_bowl.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 146