Oil & Fuel fuel injectors

/ fuel injectors #1  

lippy

Tractor
yanmar 1510
need to know what everyone thinks is best and easy way to clean fuel injectors on tractor.

have a great day today and a better one tomorrow

/ fuel injectors #2  
The easiest way is to put fuel injection cleaner in your diesel fuel. Use a little everytime you fill up.

/ fuel injectors #3  
I've been looking at the injector cleaners in the stores. All I find seem to be for gas. Where can I fine a cleaner for diesel?

Larry

/ fuel injectors #4  
I think if you read the fine print it will say for gas or diesel. Mine does, although I don't have it handy to give you a brand name.

/ fuel injectors #6  
Might try a power service product...

Soundguy

/ fuel injectors #7  
Now this may not be a good thing I did but , on my old Kubota , I replaced the fuel filter and in stead of filling it with fuel , I filled it with deisel conditioner(STP). Screwed it back on and started tractor. Ran a little rough for a while but once it ran out and started running on diesel again , it was ok. No ill effects. I'm not even sure if it did any good. Tractor runs smooth , although it did before the treatment. Might be worth a try ? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ fuel injectors
thank you all for the reply's ,will let you know how i make out

lippy

/ fuel injectors #9  
stp is mostly 70% or more #1 diesel fuel as per a report in a magazine for over the road additives. The 3 top ones were powerservice howes and lucas.

walmart or pilot truckstop would have a brand.