Fuel injector “0” ring question

/ Fuel injector “0” ring question #1  

treedawg

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800, Yanmar YM2000
Is there anything special about diesel fuel injector “0” rings?. Can’t seem to locate replacements for Bosch injectors but I’ve got a large assortment of Viton “0” rings and I’m sure I can find one that’s very close. I assume the Viton rings should work if I can find a close enough replacement?????

/ Fuel injector “0” ring question #2  
A quick Google search pops up lots of results on Amazon eBay injector shop etc. for Bosch fuel injector o-rings - diesel or otherwise.
What do you have and where have you looked so far?
Those o-rings are critical for compression and fuel air mixture. I would think that guess and check at the sizes would be a last resort

/ Fuel injector “0” ring question
Here’s a pic of the injector but I can’t find anything online that references the numbers on the data plate. Haven’t tried to contact Bosch but that’s my next step assuming they have a consumer help line.

Attachments

• 8A222EBB-FCBF-4E59-BD1E-F09DC8415FC8.jpeg
    8A222EBB-FCBF-4E59-BD1E-F09DC8415FC8.jpeg
    461.8 KB · Views: 76
   / Fuel injector “0” ring question #4  
No not really. I have four different o-ring kits, the only one that is special are the HVAC green o-rings.

/ Fuel injector “0” ring question #5  
Not to be stupid or anything, but where exactly is the o-ring that you want to replace? Is it on the low pressure side / high pressure side? Is it in the injection pump itself?

That part number (Deutz 04271701) is a common Deutz injection pump, $380 or so on eBay at the moment...The shim under it is a big deal as that sets the timing, and may need to be changed if you change the pump.

All the best,

Peter

So I should be good to go as long as they fit..?? I’m going to see if Bosch will help me tomorrow. They have a help line but I’ve got low expectations.

Not to be stupid or anything, but where exactly is the o-ring that you want to replace? Is it on the low pressure side / high pressure side? Is it in the injection pump itself?

That part number (Deutz 04271701) is a common Deutz injection pump, $380 or so on eBay at the moment...The shim under it is a big deal as that sets the timing, and may need to be changed if you change the pump.

All the best,

Peter
I pulled the injector “the part I circled” when I was bleeding the fuel system after sitting for 3 years without running. There’s an “0” ring sealing the injector in the base. The motor runs like a champ once you get it going but it’s losing prime overnight. I haven’t been able to locate the leak but I’ve replaced the fuel filter, all the hoses, clamps and inline fuel between the lift tank and lift pump.

Attachments

• C4D6AFAB-D134-4F28-9CE3-3C5998921F46.jpeg
    C4D6AFAB-D134-4F28-9CE3-3C5998921F46.jpeg
    481.5 KB · Views: 48
Forgot to add pic of the part I removed.

Attachments

• 8A87CBC5-6B8E-427D-85E2-F918A7E58AB8.jpeg
    8A87CBC5-6B8E-427D-85E2-F918A7E58AB8.jpeg
    481.5 KB · Views: 46