Oil & Fuel Fuel gauge not working

/ Fuel gauge not working #1  

THEBUS

Just filled up my TC40D for the first time and the fuel gauge only shows a little over half full. Anyone else had this problem?

/ Fuel gauge not working #2  
I've got the same tractor but I've not had that problem. I have read a lot of posts both here and jCompact and have not seen it there either. I'm pretty new to the board, so maybe someone else will have a better idea. I'd like to help, sorry.

Gene

/ Fuel gauge not working #3  
Is the fuel up to the bottom of the fill tube down in the tank ,or is it up to the top of the actual tank?

/ Fuel gauge not working
kc,

The fuel is right at the bottom of the filler tube (where you put the fuel in). The gauge was showing right at a quarter of a tank (3/4's empty). I put in about 3 1/2 gallons and it is topped out. Gauge shows just over 1/2 tank.

/ Fuel gauge not working #5  
THEBUS,

I have a TC40D and it will not show full unless the fuel is at the top of the tank, the very top of the tank. The gauge appears to move from 3/4 to full very quickly. When the diesel level in the tank appears to be about 1/2 the gauge will show 3/8.

If the gauge will not go to full I would contact the dealer.

Hope this helps.

/ Fuel gauge not working #6  
Sounds like a possible sending unit problem, are you under warranty?

/ Fuel gauge not working
Yes it's under warranty, only had it 3 wks. I'm taking it back to the dealer later this week to have them install my QT bucket. I will have them look into it then. Thanks for the info.

/ Fuel gauge not working #8  
had the same problem with my tc35d. Replaced the fuel sending unit-same problem. Ended up adjusting the bend of the unit to more accuratly reflect the fuel level. I am still trying to get a fix on an accurate reading.