Fuel, 101 way's to get it

/ Fuel, 101 way's to get it #1  

Oldpath05

Tractor
none
A few year's ago it became to hard to get dy-lithium crystals for my warp engines, so now that I'm using off-rd. diesel in my tractor, that's also becoming a hassle, nuisance, and at time's a pain in the shoulder. I use 6 gal. of OR fuel in about 3-5 weeks, so to get the fuel, I'm using 3, 6 gal. containers, and a container for kerosene for my Pro-Temp radiant heater, one more thing to chase fuel for, but the good part is the store is close by.
Just wandering how many of you are still on the 6 gallon jug train, or have some here figured out a better way to get fuel?

PS, I've only re-written this post ten time's to try and make it make sense, sort of.

/ Fuel, 101 way's to get it #2  
I use a 55 gal aluminum transfer tank with a hand pump. Load it in my truck to go get off-road diesel, and then put it in the barn to store and dispense the diesel.

/ Fuel, 101 way's to get it
Where did you get a 55 gal. aluminum tank, and how is it transported so it can be unloaded when full of fuel and or how is it unloaded from truck? Have a flat bed pickup so that should help. Wonder what's the estimated weight of 55 gal. of fuel besides heavy.

/ Fuel, 101 way's to get it #5  
I know of a few guys who use a aluminum saddle tank from a big truck, modified for a hand pump and a skid underneath to keep it upright. Load it on and off the truck with pallet forks.

/ Fuel, 101 way's to get it #6  
Where did you get a 55 gal. aluminum tank, and how is it transported so it can be unloaded when full of fuel and or how is it unloaded from truck? Have a flat bed pickup so that should help. Wonder what's the estimated weight of 55 gal. of fuel besides heavy.

55 gal of diesel is about 400 lbs, plus the tank, pallet, etc. The density of diesel varies a little based on composition (additives).

Have a word with my bestie; bloke by the name of Harry Mudd... he'll fix you right up. :thumbsup:

He got left on an uncharted planet and the Federation wont let me contact him.

55 gal of diesel is about 400 lbs, plus the tank, pallet, etc. The density of diesel varies a little based on composition (additives).

I didn't think it weigh's that much, might be getting close to the max lift with my L3400, I better play safe and go with 25-35 gal., I don't mind dropping a log, but fuel that would make me a little nervous.

/ Fuel, 101 way's to get it #9  
I use a 50 gal steel tank. It sets inside on a pallet so it should not rust and it is cheeper than aluminum. I put it in the back of the pickup with the front end loader and have hand pump. Ed

I know of a few guys who use a aluminum saddle tank from a big truck, modified for a hand pump and a skid underneath to keep it upright. Load it on and off the truck with pallet forks.

Probably one of them so call lucky finds that I'd like to find. Buying aluminum to make a fuel tanks sounds pricey, I know the aluminum welding wire is.