frozen clutch

/ frozen clutch #31  
As I think about it, it isn't necessary to take the plugs out (I was thinking it would be easier to pull without fighting compression). The object is to dramatically change the speed between the clutch (transmission side) and engine (flywheel side). Like I said, my friend started theirs in high gear, ran it as fast as they could with the clutch pushed in , and kept mashing the brakes. After a couple iterations, it freed up.

If you open the document in post #7, it says

"Here are a couple of other techniques to break the clutch free and save splitting the tractor:

If the clutch has not been stuck for long you can probably get it unstuck by jacking up one wheel and with the tractor out in the open or with the bumper against a big tree with no slack between the two. Start the tractor and with it in high gear
(4th) with the clutch pedal tied down and the engine RPM all the way open, drop the jack so that the wheel hits the ground suddenly and if it doesn't come loose the first time try it a couple more. Most of the time it will come loose if in fact it is stuck and not damaged in some way" Anonymous

That looks fraught with danger to me, and I wouldn't recommend it.

/ frozen clutch #32  
As I think about it, it isn't necessary to take the plugs out (I was thinking it would be easier to pull without fighting compression).
Thanks for clarifying.

/ frozen clutch #33  
Removing the plugs didn't make any sense to me either, I kind of shrugged my shoulders and scrolled on, Tractor has been sitting 10 years he might as well split it and be done with it. It's an 8N, not a 30,000 lb machine.

/ frozen clutch #34  
It's all part of storing a tractor outside.

/ frozen clutch #36  
I've never had a tractor with a clucht. I've never heard of a clucht.

/ frozen clutch #38  
We went over that about 4 pages ago. Little late to the party I'd say.
I guess I skipped it. Did somebody have a clucht?

/ frozen clutch #39  
The usual fat finger, no spell check post. Lots of that today. No one takes the time to proof read anything. That includes billboards and newspaper articles as well.