Front wheel bearings

/ Front wheel bearings #1  

banc123

Bronze Member
I need to replace the front wheel bearings on my 75 ford 4000. I found kits with both front and rear bearings, races and grease seal online , but I壇 kind of like to get it done tommorow.

Is it possible to get the same parts at Napa or autozone etc... ?

Is there a resource for getting size ? Or maybe just take the hub with me ?

/ Front wheel bearings #2  
A good auto parts store would likely have them, I would try Napa as the ones near me are more likely to look up a bearing number rather than asking if your vehicle is gas or diesel and 2wd or 4 wd. Take the old bearings in and they should have the part numbers on them.
In my experience you can probably repack them and they will be fine but if you are set on replacing them just order them and do it when they come in. It is about a 30 minutes job if just the wheel bearings, might as well order a spindle bearing also if you are wanting to replace them all. If you go to replace the spindle bushings be prepared for a longer than 30 minute job, if you don't have a front end loader on said tractor then the bushings are probably fine.

/ Front wheel bearings
Don’t have a FEL, the inner bearing was in pieces, but I have the outer one. I was able to find the part # on the hub and then find the bearing kit for it. Yesterday’s Tractor has it for $12.20 (kit) , Amazon $23 and Napa web site says $80, but has the seal listed at like $30. Guess I’ll swing by and see if that’s an error. A lot of mark up going on.....

/ Front wheel bearings
OR a lot cheaper made bearing and seal being sold.

SR

Could be, not sure how to tell which ones are better. The less expensive ones are from Steiner Tractor and TSC, $12-$13 , then yesterdays tractor $23 , then it jumps way up for Napa and Discount Auto by 50-200%

They all appear to be Tisco parts

/ Front wheel bearings
It is about a 30 minutes job if just the wheel bearings, might as well order a spindle bearing also if you are wanting to replace them all. If you go to replace the spindle bushings be prepared for a longer than 30 minute job, if you don't have a front end loader on said tractor then the bushings are probably fine.

Guess I need to research the spindle bearing, was just looking at the hub bearings. New spindles aren’t that expensive, but not sure how difficult swapping those (without changing bushings) would be.

I’m in FL, but have friend who works for country financial in Murphysboro, small world...

/ Front wheel bearings #7  
Is your friend named Jessica or Matt? The bearing found online at the cheaper price are good bearings, you aren’t getting $70 more in quality of a bearing at Napa.
Spindles are kind of funny, my 3910 has about 8 different ones listed and the one it actually takes I’ve only EVER found through a New Holland dealer.
If the spindle isn’t broke don’t replace it.