Front PTO YM240d

/ Front PTO YM240d #1  

Jtullis13

Platinum Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM2210D & YM 155D
Does anyone know if Yanmar made a factory front mount PTO setup for any of the Grey Market or Domestic Tractors? Was this an option or did someone do a really good job making it look factory? I am only asking because a friend of mine recently bought a ym240d with one on it and it works good, it is a gear and chain driven unit with a switch on the dash. However he does not have a need for it and does not want to leave it on the tractor. The previous owner said that the guy he bought it from used it for a snow blower. He has taken it off already and will be for sale soon. I have attached some photos for reference, please feel free to chime in with any knowledge about this or inquires to purchase.

Thanks

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    533.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    573.2 KB · Views: 114
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 101
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    445.4 KB · Views: 119
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 108
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    365.8 KB · Views: 113
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    511.2 KB · Views: 112
   / Front PTO YM240d #2  
Yes.

It's in the Options chapter of YM240 Parts Manual as I recall.

frontpto-gif.65332

See this 2006 thread.

Last edited:
   / Front PTO YM240d
Thanks California. I was able to get a hold of that manual and that image you provided. However that diagram does not look the same as what this 240d has on it. Completely different setup, or at least that is how it appears to me. The one on this 240d also has a chain drive as well as the v-belt. I will see if I can get some better pictures.

/ Front PTO YM240d #4  
Thanks California. I was able to get a hold of that manual and that image you provided. However that diagram does not look the same as what this 240d has on it. Completely different setup, or at least that is how it appears to me. The one on this 240d also has a chain drive as well as the v-belt. I will see if I can get some better pictures.
I really wonder if some took the rear PTO drive to a mid-mower and converted it to a front PTO application. It's doable from the looks of things. The too was OE from Yanmar in the past for mid-mowers being driven off the back PTO spindle. hmmm.

More pix would help a good deal.

/ Front PTO YM240d
So I have not had time to go out to my friends place and get more pictures of this front mount PTO on his 240d, however after looking at a few videos on the web, it appears to be a factory option. With that said I will do my best to get some better pictures because he is wanting to sell it. Also is there anyone who would be interested in this unit? Or where is the best place to post this for sale once I get some better pictures? Thanks

/ Front PTO YM240d #6  
I was helping a guy out with his Iseki tractor that didn't come with the PTO option. I told him that some of the Yanmar machines had mid mowers driving from the back PTO spindle via a gearbox going forward. He took that concept and made his own.

He was able to order the front lift kit.
1675126404523.png

Now for the rear PTO drive, he had to make it. The tall spline shaft is his original PTO shaft out of the tractor. He placed it in there for fit/form/function purposes.

1675126436852.png

1675126536920.png

1675126556686.png

Last edited:
   / Front PTO YM240d #8  
4410 front PTO.PNG

This is for a John Deere 4410 sold in Europe. Kit part number LVB25301. I also found a different front PTO kit in the parts book. It's driven off of the mid PTO.

/ Front PTO YM240d #9  
... it appears to be a factory option. ... where is the best place to post this for sale once I get some better pictures? Thanks
Put that on Ebay and ask a lot of money for it. It might take a while to sell but there's someone out there who needs it and will pay whatever it takes.

/ Front PTO YM240d
He posted a vid of the tractor in action. It is such a smooth drive too. When winter is done, he can just un-bolt the rear gearbox and use the tractor normally again.

View attachment 781585

View attachment 781586

View attachment 781587
That is some pretty amazing machine work right there. So his gear driven unit that he built looks pretty close to what is on this 240d, but is driven from the front of the crank and not of the the 3pt pto.