Front Bumpers/Grill Guards- Lets See Em

/ Front Bumpers/Grill Guards- Lets See Em #1  

Phil2004

Tractor
Ford 1715
I have a Ford 1715. I don’t really need weights upfront because I usually have the loader attached. Anyway I’m looking at buying or fabbing my own front grill guard.

So I’m looking for some ideas, post what you bought, found, made, or modified for a front grill guard!

/ Front Bumpers/Grill Guards- Lets See Em #2  
I took my OEM grill guard off and took it to a local welding shop. A young fellow there worked this up. It's saved my tractor a couple times - that I know of. I pull the locking pins - tip it forward - then I can open the hood.

IMG_0016.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Front Bumpers/Grill Guards- Lets See Em #3  
I did like oosik and put an expanded metal screen on the OEM guard that was part of the FEL frame.

P1170645.JPG

Then last year I improved the lower protection and added a 2" receiver. This also gave me a mounting spot for some limb sweeps.

P1010055.JPG

P1010065.JPG

Made a bumper out of a chunk of log

P1010172.JPG

gg

Last edited:
   / Front Bumpers/Grill Guards- Lets See Em #6  
I did like oosik and put an expanded metal screen on the OEM guard that was part of the FEL frame.

View attachment 727418

Then last year I improved the lower protection and added a 2" receiver. This also gave me a mounting spot for some limb sweeps.

View attachment 727419

View attachment 727420

Made a bumper out of a chunk of log

View attachment 727421

gg
That guard looks great! The bottom looks as if it will protect the bottom of the tractor (bush hogging a an overgrown pasture it would be helpful)

/ Front Bumpers/Grill Guards- Lets See Em #7  
IMG_2018.JPG

M59 moves and stacks lots of trees and brush.
3x6” rectangle tubing and 7” x1/2” plate give lower grill and axle protection. Also a good time to add hooks or rings. Good tie-down points.
Got the 1” ring for $6.80 from Amazon because the bag was damaged and dirty.
IMG_0663.JPG

B26
SS expanded metal drop ($4) from scrapyard required little cutting. 3x5” angle at bottom keeps stuff from coming up to grill. So far the receiver hitch wasn’t worth the effort.

/ Front Bumpers/Grill Guards- Lets See Em #8  
WoW!!! You guys do some SERIOUS brush thrashing. Would you believe - 80 acres and I only have Buck brush. MAX height - two feet and about as big around as your yellow pencil. My guard protects when I move "pine trash".

/ Front Bumpers/Grill Guards- Lets See Em #9  
WoW!!! You guys do some SERIOUS brush thrashing. Would you believe - 80 acres and I only have Buck brush. MAX height - two feet and about as big around as your yellow pencil. My guard protects when I move "pine trash".
I made my "mistakes" when clearing a newly purchased pasture that had been abandoned for years. My worst incident was hitting my front wheel hydraulic rod against a rock protruding from the ground (I was in low gear at the time). I now know to always walk pastures before I clear them and I spray roundup around the rocks such as the one I hit.

Last edited:
   / Front Bumpers/Grill Guards- Lets See Em #10  

Attachments

• Grill guard sm.jpg
    Grill guard sm.jpg
    804.7 KB · Views: 560

Local fac shop made this for me when I had my tractor in for some other repairs. I asked him to come up with a grill guard, and that's what he built. I think it has a sort of Mad Max vibe. I had it added after a branch on a log I was picking up with my forestry grapple pushed in the grill, stopping just short of punching into the battery or radiator.

Last edited: