From the Rain Forest

/ From the Rain Forest #1  

Short Game

Veteran Member
Tractor
LS R4010 & Cub Cadet 7300
Hi, name's Bob. I'm up here in sunny SW Washington. I have been spying on this site for several months, ever since my Cub Cadet committed suicide. I thought I'd killed it, but I was wrong. I'll be asking about that issue when I've got time to work on it again.

I discovered this forum while looking around for used tractors and see there is a fine bunch of people here. After my previous life on some other forums, I am not sure this is the same internet I'm used to. You guys are great. I see everyone trying to be helpful and friendly. It gives one hope (something I'd been trying to kick).

Anyhoo, almost three weeks ago, I got me a new 2010 LS 4010. It was a matter of survival for one who is tractor addicted. I couldn't go back to the days, BT (before tractor). My first one was free (inherited). That's a pusher for you. The man who left me the Cub Cadet was a very generous man, a great friend, and a wonderful employer. He was always there to help his neighbors with it if they were in need. I honored that tradition and now, so many people depend on me and the machine that I had no choice but to replace it somehow.

I also became implement poor and had to get my menagerie of gizmos back under power (when I got the CC, it had only the loader and a box scraper with a 12,000 pound Warn winch on it). When time allows, I will have to go over all of what the PTO does for me.

I live on my neighbor's 36 acres, house sitting a small cabin, and own an adjoining 9 acres. My neighbors have a beautiful B&B and the grounds include fields and forest on which we have, at present, 24 holes of top quality disc golf course (hence, the Short Game handle). I maintain the fields, as well as annually fill my own, and three of my neighbors' woodsheds.

Looking outside, I see the rain has let up.

Laters,

Bob

/ From the Rain Forest #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ From the Rain Forest #5  
:welcome: to TBN from another Washingtonion.:thumbsup:

Should finally be some decient sun this weekend. This rain is really getting old.

/ From the Rain Forest #6  
Welcome from another SW Washingtonion!

/ From the Rain Forest #7  
Welcome to TBN. Is you 4010 a hydro or gear?

/ From the Rain Forest #8  
Welcome to TBN! check the regional forum for this years PNW picnic scheduling. So far it's at my place in late July unless Cyril changes his mind about his place. :)7

/ From the Rain Forest
Welcome to TBN. Is you 4010 a hydro or gear?

Never had an automatic anything. I have gears, not brains. I can fix almost anything, unless it has a sealed circuit or a computer chip in it.

I was lucky, I had a learning disability.

==================

And thanks for the welcome.

/ From the Rain Forest
...at my place in late July unless Cyril changes his mind about his place. :)7

I hope it's closer than Woodenville. I drove to Issaquah to see a Cub Cadet that had most of the same issues that I had had with my 7274. The drive killed my neck. I walked out, refusing to pay 8K for a 7260 with 548 hours that had been listed at 11K. I'm trusting that my new LS is going to be a good lot stronger than that MTD. I tried to get the same basic Mitsubishi so I could think of my old one as a quarter million bucks in spare parts. That would be funny if it wasn't true, eh?