Frogs lucky escape.

/ Frogs lucky escape. #12  
Anyone besides me found them in your toilet bowl?
I was sitting on the toilet bowl reading the paper for 10 minutes. Put the paper down and found this guy about 3' away.

SAT.png

To be honest, I'm just glad I didn't find him between my legs. Of course a harmless snake, but still some shock value LOL

/ Frogs lucky escape. #14  
I was sitting on the toilet bowl reading the paper for 10 minutes. Put the paper down and found this guy about 3' away.

To be honest, I'm just glad I didn't find him between my legs. Of course a harmless snake, but still some shock value LOL

I don't really mind snakes too much, but things like this make me glad I live in the frozen north!

/ Frogs lucky escape. #15  
I don't mind them terribly if I see them well before I get close to them,
when I unexpectedly find them it is difficult to identify what species they are from all the little pieces.

/ Frogs lucky escape. #16  
I don't mind them terribly if I see them well before I get close to them,
when I unexpectedly find them it is difficult to identify what species they are from all the little pieces.
I can assure you, when I put that paper down after 10 minutes of being clueless, the first thing that registered in my brain was "SNAKE!" and not "Oh, it's a harmless black snake, look at the little guy" LOL

Years ago when I was running a new lineset for my upstairs system in the basement's dropped ceiling, same kind of feeling when I popped a ceiling tile up on a ladder and found myself looking at one (black). First reaction was almost falling off the ladder.

/ Frogs lucky escape.
A few years ago I was in my barn looking for something. I reached up and put my hand in a box and was jiggling it around to see if I could feel it. I couldn't so I lifted the box down to have a better look. There curled up in the box watching me was a venomous brown snake. I can't believe how lucky I was that I wasn't bitten.
Another time it was dark and I decided to move the tractor. Moved it and as I jumped off I landed straight on top of a snake. I was barefoot! Luckily I landed just behind his head. He was trying to bite me but couldn't get his head around far enough. I called my wife to bring a torch and shovel to hold him while I escaped. That scared the bejeebers out of me I can tell you.

/ Frogs lucky escape. #18  
A few years ago I was in my barn looking for something. I reached up and put my hand in a box and was jiggling it around to see if I could feel it. I couldn't so I lifted the box down to have a better look. There curled up in the box watching me was a venomous brown snake. I can't believe how lucky I was that I wasn't bitten.
Another time it was dark and I decided to move the tractor. Moved it and as I jumped off I landed straight on top of a snake. I was barefoot! Luckily I landed just behind his head. He was trying to bite me but couldn't get his head around far enough. I called my wife to bring a torch and shovel to hold him while I escaped. That scared the bejeebers out of me I can tell you.
I've read that your brown snake are pretty deadly. Makes a US Coral or Copperhead kind of tame per lethality venom wise.

You are VERY lucky.

Kind of like guns and calibers. When I see one (gun or a snake), I don't think how deadly they are compared to others, just know that they can kill me.

/ Frogs lucky escape. #19  
Thought of this thread when I came across this. Not certain how I feel about finding a cobra in my toilet bowl.
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Think I'd be more freaked when I left for help and came back and then you can't find the snake LOL