Frogs lucky escape.

/ Frogs lucky escape. #1  

Alien

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST
An hour or so ago a large green frog was making lots of distress noises and was on our porch. We have 2 resident green frogs. I couldn't see anything that was upsetting him so just left it. Shortly after I noticed our dog Heidi kept looking and sniffing in the area. I had a good look and found a snake up under the iron roof where the smaller green frog sits. I made a wire hook and tried to get Mr snake out but he was playing hard to get. Eventually he popped his head out and I could see the back leg of one of our green frogs sticking out his mouth. He immediately started to disgorge the frog so he could get away. The frog came out and it was still 100% alive! I managed to hook the snakes tail and pull him out. He was about 4 1/2 feet long. I put him in a bag and took him down to the creek and released him. Hopefully he is far enough away that he won't come back again. Frog is real happy. Les gave him a wash. :)
IMG_0204.JPG

/ Frogs lucky escape. #4  
:eek:

/ Frogs lucky escape. #5  
wow.JPG

/ Frogs lucky escape. #6  
I hate snakes....

/ Frogs lucky escape. #7  
Snakes give me the eebeee jeebies too, but I have come to love and respect all wildlife. I came across a snake with a frog in it's mouth, half swallowed and I was at a loss what to do? Can't remember what I did.

/ Frogs lucky escape.
My son in law has a morbid fear of green frogs rather than snakes. Petrified of them.

/ Frogs lucky escape. #10  
Anyone besides me found them in your toilet bowl?