Tiller forward rotating models and reverse rotation tiller

/ forward rotating models and reverse rotation tiller #21  
I was tilling with my 5 foot Yanmar tiller behind my Yanmar YM2310 tractor yesterday. The soil was plenty moist and the soil has a lot of clay in it. I put the tractor in crawl gear at top speed. I was tilling full depth and RPM was about 2250. The area hadn't been tilled for about 4 years and had lots of native grasses growing. The tractor handled it fine. I could have gone faster but since it had been so long since the ground was broken up I wanted the grasses mixed in and broken up as much as possible. I could tell there was a lot of load on the engine. Though I have never used a reverse rotation tiller I could tell that it would have been a problem with rocks. I removed almost all of the rocks in the area 20 some years ago but I still found a few and the tiller just tended to climb up on them and then toss them out the rear. I can see how a reverse rotation tiller would tend to dig under them and then lift them. Then they would either get stuck or get thrown in front of the tiller and then encountered again.
Eric