Forestry Mulcher vs Tree Service

/ Forestry Mulcher vs Tree Service #1  

Bronze Member
Tractor
Still searching
I need to selectively cut down about fifty trees or so. Most are between six and eight inches. I’ve rented a high-flow CTL with mulching head in the past and have also hired a 250hp machine to thin out about 10 acres of growth. All I need now is a bit of surgical mulching so that I can brush hog the entire property with the tractor.

Am I better off hiring a CTL/mulcher/operator, or a two-person tree service crew (chainsaw and trailer-mulcher)? Can a tree service crew be more productive for surgical cutting/mulching?

/ Forestry Mulcher vs Tree Service #2  
I would go still the route of the ctl mulcher operator, if precision is needed on what you want cut or not .. walk the property and flag what you want cut or left.
Sounds really expensive and counter productive to have them out on foot, chainsaws and mulching trailer for what you're describing.

/ Forestry Mulcher vs Tree Service
Thanks. That's what my hunch was, but since I have no experience with chainsaw operators, I thought I'd ask.

/ Forestry Mulcher vs Tree Service #4  
A mulcher is a lot faster, e.g. less expensive re labor charge but more expensive for equipment. Cannot pull trailer/chipper behind on hills.