Ford 3000 Hydraulic Filter

/ Ford 3000 Hydraulic Filter #1  

jcrews

Hello
I'm a new member and I have a question ( I'm embarrased to ask ) Where is the hydraulic filter located on a Ford 3000? The lift is droping with my bush hog and digging up the ground.
Thanks James

/ Ford 3000 Hydraulic Filter #2  
I'm not sure on a 3000, but my Ford is close to the same thing, and the filter on mine is under the platform where your left foot goes when you're driving the tractor. Also, if the 3PH is dropping , you might check the hydraulic oil level in the final drive. There's a squareheaded plug in front of the rear axel, near your right heel, about the height of the middle of the axel, take the plug out and fill with oil till oil runs out this hole. Oil goes in a filler plug on top of the rear axel, under the seat. Replace plug and go.

/ Ford 3000 Hydraulic Filter #3  
Oops! I just saw a picture of a 3000. I think I'm wrong on the filter location. I may be wrong about the oil level and fill plug also, but at least check the final drive oil level if the 3PH keeps dropping. By the way, welcome.

/ Ford 3000 Hydraulic Filter
Thanks Backdoor
The fluid level is fine and you have it right on the plug, I checked the level 2 weeks ago, I'll look tomorrow and see if I can find that filter.

I've looked all over the tractor and the only 2 visible filters are the fuel & oils filters, could the filter be under some cover?

/ Ford 3000 Hydraulic Filter #6  
perhaps the hyd top cover?

drooping 3pt isn't a filter issue.

soundguy

Soundguy
Thanks for the suggestion. I asked a friend in the grading business who owns a lot of equipment and he suggested that possibility.What do you think is causing the drooping?

/ Ford 3000 Hydraulic Filter #8  
drooping is a leak.. could be relief valve.. but more likely to be the cyl piston oring.. etc. got to look in with a mirror on a stick and see if you can see oil going out the back of the cyl.. etc.

soundguy

/ Ford 3000 Hydraulic Filter #9  
Incedentally.. shop service manuals.. aftermarket service manuals, parts manuals, and owners manuals are readilly available for that machine.. and would greatly help you fix it.. and answer some of your questions.

for quick reference.. the new holland web site's parts section has exploded diagrams of just about every ford from 1939 to present..

soundguy

/ Ford 3000 Hydraulic Filter #10  
This might help. Hopefully I have managed to attach a picture I found that shows the hydraulic filter and screen for the ford 3000.

Attachments

• Ford 3000-hydraulic-1.jpg
    Ford 3000-hydraulic-1.jpg
    470.7 KB · Views: 19,812