Ford 1910 stuck in reverse

/ Ford 1910 stuck in reverse #1  

Hankman

Tractor
Ford 1910
My tractor is stuck in reverse. 1910 4WD with shuttle shift synchromesh trans. I have removed the top plate and do not see anything broken. The shifter rail will not move out of the reverse position. Prior to becoming stuck, the tractor became hard to shift into any gear. I am wondering what is the purpose of the interlock pin on the side of the shifter case? Any thoughts?

/ Ford 1910 stuck in reverse #2  
Bent linkage?

/ Ford 1910 stuck in reverse
The column shifter linkage has been disconnected and nothing is bent. The detent springs and balls are out so nothing there to bind up.

/ Ford 1910 stuck in reverse #4  
So the problem is in the shuttle shift column itself? You sure you disconnected the linkage from the SSS to the tranny? Look at the roll pin. If it fails, you won’t be able to shift it. Go to Messicks and get the the blown out parts diagram for the shuttle shift.

The linkage is disassembled. The problem is that the shifter rail is stuck.

IMG_2352.jpg
Here's a pic of the rails. The one on the right is stuck. It won't move back.

/ Ford 1910 stuck in reverse #7  
Probably you can make it unstuck by prying on it with an extra large screw driver. I’ve had an old Massey 165 that got stuck in a gear once in a while. So I learned to have an extra long screw driver with me all times. That happens due to wear. In order to get it unstuck see that you can put the tranny (gears) into neutral.

I've tried all that. Jacked up the tractor, spun the wheels, pried on the rail, etc. It will move about a 1/2" but not enough to come out of gear. But thanks for the advice.

/ Ford 1910 stuck in reverse #9  
If you split the tractor and disassemble the transmission you will find what the problem is.

I know it's lot of work but well worth it, if you plan on keeping the tractor.

/ Ford 1910 stuck in reverse #10  
You may need to pry on a certain other rail fist, in order to release the other