Ford 1910 front loader

/ Ford 1910 front loader #1  

Brady D

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 1910, Case farmall 95, John Deere 317g
I’ve been trying to install a new westendorf loader on my ford 1910 however I can only get the psi above 200 on the diverter block when I put the 3 point hitch lever all the way to the top in the notch area, however once in the notched area the psi will be at 2000. Does anyone have any experience with these tractors with loaders?
Also when in the notch the tractor lugs and pump whines.

Last edited:
   / Ford 1910 front loader #2  
On many other Shibaura models there's a box in the hydraulics usually mid mount that has a diverter valve control that needs to be set 90degrees to use a front loader. I'm sure others can chime in here with details about your particular model

/ Ford 1910 front loader #3  
Something doesn't sound right with the diverter valve. Either that, or you do not have the return line from the front end loader control valve plumbed right. Make sure that the FEL control valve is rigged for an open circuit hydraullic system, and check that you are getting full hydrualic flow in the return line from that valve when no work is being done. There isn't much pressure in a return line, you can use clear tubing to make sure it is flowing.

Be careful not to deadhead the pump. If the tractor is lugging and the pump whining then something is blocking the flow i.e. deadheading.... and you are just right at the edge of buying a new pump. If you are going to play with it like that, consider putting a pressure relief valve in the circuit and running a relief line back to the sump. You can set it to release at 2000 psi, and save yourself an pump.

Lots of places sell basic relief valves, your loader valve should have one built in that triggers and dumps excessive pressure into the return line. but obviously something is not right. They are easy to set, unscrew the end and either remove a shim or loosen the screw compressing the relief valve spring.

Cost of a new valve is about $75.00....which is way cheaper than a tractor hydraulic pump - if you can even find one for a 1910.

Video showing how to hook one up:

Good Luck,
rScotty

/ Ford 1910 front loader #4  
I have a Ford 2110, and I'm not sure what that 'slot' is for on the 3-point control, but my tractor whines and lugs when I set the control there too. I DON'T SET IT THERE ANYMORE!
Full UP is just that, all the way UP.

Under the right side floor pan there is a 3" cube with steel hydro lines in and out. (Loader connections face outward, line to 3-point go to the rear of tractor)

Find the 'slot' for a flat screwdriver to fit into. The slot should be close to vertical, but can be adjusted from 11 o'clock to 1 o'clock depending on if you need more power to the loader or the 3-point.

See the post under the Shibaura Tractors section below>1910 hydraulics>

I hope this gets you close(r).