Traction Ford 1910 differental lock

/ Ford 1910 differental lock #1  

Rabduck03

Tractor
Farmtrac 45, Ford 5610, Farmall Cub, Farmall C, Ferguson TO30
Any suggestions on how to disengage the diff lock? Tried pulling it up by hand, but no luck.

/ Ford 1910 differental lock #2  
If you pull the pedal up too far, the difflock will re-engage. If you have one or more of the lock pins broken free from the carrier, they will not release properly and your difflock will remain engaged. If this happens, the hitchcover, both rear axle housings and the differential must be removed to make the repair.

/ Ford 1910 differental lock #3  
Unlock your brake pedals, and step on either the left or right pedal (while moving), diff lock should disengage.

/ Ford 1910 differental lock
Tried the brake thing yesterday. No luck.

Rick, is there any way to know if a pin is stuck without major surgery? Inspection plate? My assumption is the worse issue I will have if I do not fix is hard turns, correct?

/ Ford 1910 differental lock #6  
I don't recall any way to see in there without surgery. Jack up the right rear wheel as high as you safely can, then rock that RR wheel back and forth until the offending pin moves back into place. If you are successful, don't use the difflock again! Fasten a block under the pedal so it can't be pressed inadvertantly. I know of one 1910 that has been run like this for several years without problems.

Thanks I will give that a try

RickB, thanks for the tip. Rocking it jacked up worked. I appreciate it.