Ford 1710 Idiot Lights

/ Ford 1710 Idiot Lights #11  
Trying to remember,never saw the idiot light work,sure of that,tach worked,headlights which were in the plastic holders all was busted,headlight switch didn't work,pretty sure temp gage never worked,and thinking about it I think prev owner hacked the wiring harness, as all the lights including the yellow ones on the fender were missing. Pop sold a 1957 Ford Golden Jubilee that he bought new to buy the 1710 cause it had a Bush Hog brand 2240 QT FEL on it. I came over to mom n pops and the deal was done,grew up with the old Ford and would have bought it . Alzheimer's was starting on pop and he did a lot of things strange. Been good talking bout thes old tractors,brings back lots of good thoughts. Thanks for the memories!

/ Ford 1710 Idiot Lights #12  
None of the warning lights ever worked on my 1715 until I pulled it apart and cleaned all the contacts, sockets and plugs. Took apart the headlight switch and cleaned that up too, that started working. This year will be first time in 12 years that I'll have all the lights working.

/ Ford 1710 Idiot Lights
Sometimes it's a pleasure to 'tinker' on the old ones, even this one is old but low hours hours.jpg. sheet metal all banged up, one tire has been replaced. Had to disassemble the seat an rework. Now is definitely a little workhorse.

/ Ford 1710 Idiot Lights #14  
Now that I'm thinking about it couple of the fuses were blown and one of them had a cut off bolt in the fuse holder!!! For lights I bought 2 from TSC and mounted them to the top of the roll bar and put blue led switch with hot wire from run side of switch to power them. Tractor didn't have roll bar ,so I bought used one off of eBay and installed it,cost more to ship it than I gave for it. When pop bought tractor it had some kind of hydraulic valve? Bolted to r fender with wires running to it rear wring harness was gone and I'm now sure that the original switch/ wiring harness was hacked. You are right about fuel shut off to make motor shut off ,but ours never worked like that,always cut off with key? What a trip down memory lane. Pop pushed 5 acres of topsoil into huge pile as the Alzheimer's progressed,wore holes in the corners of the FEL bucket,after we had to take vehicle keys away. Good luck to all on your projects