Ford 1500 with Shibaura 2 cyl - how to find TDC for cylinder 2?

/ Ford 1500 with Shibaura 2 cyl - how to find TDC for cylinder 2?
Awesome info thepumpguysc! Here's a page from the owner's manual showing a level plug also. What might it be for if you're supposed to fill it up to the filler plug? The service manual calls the filler plug the Filler/Breather Plug.

Attachments

• Ford1500FuelInjectionPump.pdf
    497.3 KB · Views: 72
   / Ford 1500 with Shibaura 2 cyl - how to find TDC for cylinder 2? #12  
Ur not supposed to fill it UP TO THE FILLER PLUG.!!
Re-read it..

/ Ford 1500 with Shibaura 2 cyl - how to find TDC for cylinder 2?
This page from the service manual is what is confusing me. In the photo it calls the filler plug the "filler plug/breather".
The owner's manual says until it comes out the breather pipe. Is the breather pipe the level plug?

Attachments

• 1500servicemanualip.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 70
   / Ford 1500 with Shibaura 2 cyl - how to find TDC for cylinder 2? #14  
Yes.. it’s got pictures for Gods sake..

/ Ford 1500 with Shibaura 2 cyl - how to find TDC for cylinder 2? #15  
I've set many engines with them running. Put clothes pin on rocker arms if oil splashes a lot. First time I was 9 years old and we had a 47 Willy's pickup with a 144 cu in Ford falcon engine with solid lifters. So old the fuel pump was also a vacuum pump that made the wipers work. Later we found a Thunderbird, 81 model that was rear ended with 17,000 miles. That truck was powerful then, with 5.13 differential gears. I bought a 12v wiper kit from good ole J C Whitney catalog, boys, we was cooking with grease then. Had a under dash heater. One of them rear seats out of a bronco fit just right. Had a big chunk of family land we could hunt on. I mean thousands of acres of woods. Roads and right of ways all over, three big ponds and a large creek to fish all summer. Creek was big enough for a boat. We had run of the place.