Fly fishing catch

/ Fly fishing catch
Sounds like a great successful marriage. I watched my dad go through the loss of mom dying after 62 years of marriage. Man it was tuff on the old guy.

It was a great marriage between them.

Now, for the last 10 months, dad has been living with us. He's slowing down. That said, he eats like a king here, and he's taken care of if he asks for or needs anything. Thing is, and I sound cruel for saying this, living with us has been good for him, but if the Good Lord would take him away at any moment now, my father would have no regrets and would probably be more happier. He's greateful he's with us and I know it, but I can understand his feelings.

What we had for dinner the other night

Dinner.png

/ Fly fishing catch #22  
My first thought was your dad looks good at 86, second thought was the jacket aged well too!

/ Fly fishing catch #24  
Dinner looks awesome.

My father at 86 got another girlfriend. She was beautiful and was 75. Dad continued with his love for life and a strong sense of humour but dearly missed mom. He didn't mind dying. He said "I had my life and with all the suffering and dying that goes on in the world what does my or any single person death mean in the grand scheme of things. He died at 89 happy but still missing mom.

These days are to be cherish. You will take these memories with you forever.

Last edited: