flow control

/ flow control #1  

RK55guy

Bronze Member
Tractor
2018 RK55
my rk55 came with flow control. i have no idea what this option is used for, i have read up on it a little bit and just dont think i need it. however i read that if not used right it can do some damage. my question is, at what setting should the lever be in when not in use. i just dont want to tear something up so any info would he greatly appreciated.

/ flow control #2  
my rk55 came with flow control. i have no idea what this option is used for, i have read up on it a little bit and just dont think i need it. however i read that if not used right it can do some damage. my question is, at what setting should the lever be in when not in use. i just dont want to tear something up so any info would he greatly appreciated.

Do you mean draft control?

/ flow control
yes draft control

/ flow control #4  
yes draft control

Well, draft control is waaaaay different than any flow control. I say this because some other tractors do indeed have "flow control" on their tractors.

While you may think that you have no use for Draft Control and Draft Control was originally designed for plowing purposes, (you may not be doing any plowing) in reality if you are doing about any ground engaging tasks you can make use of draft control.

You just need to learn where to make use of it and how to properly set the feature on your tractor.

An example of using Draft Control for other than plowing would be when using a box blade. The Draft Control feature can be used when ripping the ground as well as making cuts with the cutting edge when grading.

Hopefully the owners manual goes over how to set the DC in a detailed way. Experiment some and once you get it figured out, you will find yourself using it more than you would think. ;)

/ flow control
i will read up on it some more and play around with it the next time i use the box scraper. i just worried about useing it wrong and tearing something up on my tractor

/ flow control #6  
i will read up on it some more and play around with it the next time i use the box scraper. i just worried about useing it wrong and tearing something up on my tractor

When not in use, the DC lever should be all the way forward. (down)

/ flow control
thats the info i was looking for, thanks

/ flow control #9  
What is Draft Control? - YouTube

What I see "Flow Control" As, the knob that controls the speed of your 3 point hitch dropping......if you have your flow control set open to far, your implement will drop to the ground and bang,
where as if you dial it back a little, it will set down nice and easy, not banging off the ground

/ flow control
who woulda thunk it, its all in the owners manual if you actually take the time to read hahahahhaha