Florida County Restricts Lawn Fertilizer Use

/ Florida County Restricts Lawn Fertilizer Use #11  
If you fertilized at the rates people dump it on their lawns you’d probably kill your crops.
Wouldn't kill them but I would have one heck of a hay crop. The side affect though is the crop could take up more nutrients than it needs throwing the livestock that ate them off balance. Not a good thing.

/ Florida County Restricts Lawn Fertilizer Use #12  
As a country person with to much grass to cut I'll never understand wanting it to grow faster and thicker and spending money on it.

/ Florida County Restricts Lawn Fertilizer Use #13  
I am both city and country, and I can't understand it either.
Weird overgreen grass and little poison warning flags don't impress me.

/ Florida County Restricts Lawn Fertilizer Use
What I see coming is banning retail sales. Only professional lawn service companies will be able to apply treatments.

That may be OK for those that can afford it. But me? I'm with the others. Green is fine, but just enough to keep the soil from washing away. I'm not real fond of mowing. I don't hate it as much as some, but I'd rather not do it more than twice a month.

/ Florida County Restricts Lawn Fertilizer Use #15  
I agree with you guys on the "overkill" amounts that people dump on their yards,--- and for what useful purpose? Yard mowing is such a waste!--- Ya I know its a billion dollar business to the commercial lawn guys, but at what cost to the land?

/ Florida County Restricts Lawn Fertilizer Use #16  
90% of the money spent on lawns is for golf courses, or at least it was when I took turf management back in 1985.

/ Florida County Restricts Lawn Fertilizer Use #19  
I lived in Florida for 24 years and when it comes to their lawns people will do the craziest things imaginable.

It is all trying to one up the next guy, people think that the native Bahia grasses are ugly and die back too much so they sod with Saint Augustine and other non native heavy bladed grasses. These grasses do not grow well naturally so they must be watered and fertilized regularly or they wont grow. Well my lawn has to better than your lawn so I water and feed it more than you,HAH!

Well the next thing you know my expensive St Augustine grass is being killed by the weed called Dollar Weed, so I water more and get a lawn company to come look at it and they sell me a weekly service to spray herbicide on it and oh yea I need to kill those icky bugs so on goes the insecticide.
The water used on lawns is measured in million gallons per minute, the chemicles are measured in million tons per week. Then of course in the rainy season it all runs off into the rivers and streams in the dry season it is washed into the water by lawn sprinklers all so the grass will grow so it can be mowed so the HOA and CDD wont fine me for too high grass or too brown of a yard and property values wont go down, not to mention the 'yard nazis'.
I will stop now before it turns into a true rant and I start start drooling and spitting.