Florida County Restricts Lawn Fertilizer Use

/ Florida County Restricts Lawn Fertilizer Use #1  

Diggin It

Super Star Member
Tractor
LS MT125 TLBM

Orange County's tougher fertilizer rules aim to protect lakes, wildlife from lawn chemicals

www.orlandosentinel.com.ico
Orlando Sentinel|46 minutes ago
Faced with evidence of polluted lakes and dead manatees, Orange County commissioners toughened restrictions on lawn fertilizers Tuesday, banning summertime use of products with nitrogen and phosphorus blamed for poisoning county waterways. The unanimous ...

I personally don't use any of them.

/ Florida County Restricts Lawn Fertilizer Use #2  
Most people who self fertilize their yard have a tendency to over do it. They just go off what the big box store tells them they should do, instead of getting a soil testing.

/ Florida County Restricts Lawn Fertilizer Use #4  
Though lawn fertilizing in that part of Florida, as well as in other states, is known to cause problems in waterways, ponds, and lakes, I am sure that fertilizers from other sources are also large contributors to the pollution. I hope these other sources are also addressed.
Eric

/ Florida County Restricts Lawn Fertilizer Use #5  
   / Florida County Restricts Lawn Fertilizer Use
^^ I don't think will help a lot:

Blaze at North Carolina fertilizer plant packed with 600 tons of ammonium nitrate still burning

abcnews.go.com.ico
ABC|8 days ago
A fire at a North Carolina fertilizer plant packed with nearly 600 tons of highly explosive ammonium nitrate continued to burn on Wednesday, forcing roughly 6,500 residents in the immediate area to remain out of their homes for at least another night, ...

Winston-Salem Fire Chief: Investigators believe they know where fertilizer plant fire started, but determining cause will take time

journalnow.com.ico
Winston-Salem Journal|1 day ago
Mayo, speaking during the February Public Safety news conference at City Hall, told reporters that investigators believe they now know where the fire started inside the plant, but that determining ...

/ Florida County Restricts Lawn Fertilizer Use #7  
They are lovable.

/ Florida County Restricts Lawn Fertilizer Use #8  
If homeowners would not fertilize their yards I bet they would realize that a lot of the waterways pollution is not all farmer related. Though you would never hear that. Everything is the fault of the person that respects the land the most.

/ Florida County Restricts Lawn Fertilizer Use #9  
Here people complain about lakes getting filled with Algae, while they have lawn companies come and dump piles of fertilizer.
I use the bare minimum in my garden and specific plants. And a bit of lime where needed.

I got to see people in my old neighborhood drown their lawns with fertilizer and poisons.
Saw all the lightning bugs disappear and the local brook turn to slime.
Then they all complained the town should clean up the brook.
Sad.

/ Florida County Restricts Lawn Fertilizer Use #10  
If homeowners would not fertilize their yards I bet they would realize that a lot of the waterways pollution is not all farmer related. Though you would never hear that. Everything is the fault of the person that respects the land the most.
If you fertilized at the rates people dump it on their lawns you’d probably kill your crops.