Floor jack

/ Floor jack #1  

Smokeydog

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B26, M59, M5030DT
Floor jack is a necessary tool for repairs and maintenance. Flat concrete is a precious commodity so most of my maintenance is outside on a gravel driveway. Recently bought a Harbor Freight Badlands off-road jack. Surprised by the features, fit and finish. Bigger tires roll instead of drag. Belly pan keeps from sinking on soft ground. Saddle extension and tool stored onboard look sturdy. Locking handle and multiple hand grips help with positioning.
IMG_2928.jpeg

/ Floor jack #2  
My floor jack is like your orange one. Only it's as big as your BADLAND. Wonder how those plastic wheels will hold up. I have NO concrete anywhere near my shop or work area. Dragging those small steel wheels over lawn and thru dirt is TRULY a PITA.

Perhaps the idea is - the wheels will aide in the moving - the belly pan will do most of the supporting. With soft ground - you will be down on the belly pan in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
   / Floor jack
Was looking at a Daytona to replace 30+ year old jack. Leaking a little oil that needs replenished occasionally. 911 motorsports makes a modification kit for the Daytona jack to make it an off-road version. Black Friday sale sealed the deal on the Badland.
The locking handle to pivot on the larger rear wheels helps negotiate positioning across the turf.
Saddle extension be safer reach on higher ground clearance vehicles than my worn wooden blocks.
Aluminum frame helps but is still a heavy rascal.

/ Floor jack #7  
Their regular 3 ton is a heavy rascal that is difficult to move on gravel with the regular small steel wheels. 510 reviews of the Badland version with the big wheels with a 99% recommendation rate is a pretty good indicator of its popularity.

/ Floor jack
My floor jack is like your orange one. Only it's as big as your BADLAND. Wonder how those plastic wheels will hold up. I have NO concrete anywhere near my shop or work area. Dragging those small steel wheels over lawn and thru dirt is TRULY a PITA.

Perhaps the idea is - the wheels will aide in the moving - the belly pan will do most of the supporting. With soft ground - you will be down on the belly pan in a heartbeat.
“Composite” wheels I hope they hold up too. Two sealed ball bearings per wheel.

/ Floor jack #9  
Floor jack is a necessary tool for repairs and maintenance. Flat concrete is a precious commodity so most of my maintenance is outside on a gravel driveway. Recently bought a Harbor Freight Badlands off-road jack. Surprised by the features, fit and finish. Bigger tires roll instead of drag. Belly pan keeps from sinking on soft ground. Saddle extension and tool stored onboard look sturdy. Locking handle and multiple hand grips help with positioning.
View attachment 834178
Nice looking. Maybe I could use one (would be my third floor jack), but NOT at $300!!!
3 Ton Off-Road Jack

Maybe this should be in the "HF tools that don't suck" thread...

Last edited: