Loader float system

/ float system #1  

K man

Platinum Member
Tractor
2014 Kioti CK 30 HST with cab. 2018 Cub Cadet Challenger 750 EPS UTV
Hi I would like to know more on the float system on my Kioti. I was under the impression that you only use it for leveling. Please explain when you use it Winter or Summer. I have a front mount snowblower and wonder if I can use the float when blowing or not. Newbie just learning as I go. Thanks any help or tips would be appreciated.
Gilles

/ float system #2  
You can use the float feature anytime you would like winter or summer. You can use the float anytime you want what ever is connected to your front in loader i.e. bucket forks snowplow whatever, to not have any lift from the tractor it will follow the contour of the ground and or dig in depending. Plus you will still have control of the roll back on your attached bucket blade or forks. I mostly use mine for backdraging or if I'm clearing snow or dirt off of hard surfaces. as far as your snowthrower I'm assuming you're removing the front and loader and using the joystick to control it up and down and to turn the shoot I have never had any experience with this application but I don't see why you couldn't use float if you wanted to. Probably would work well on hard surfaces but may dig in on gravel.

/ float system #3  
I think the float position would be very useful while using the snow blower.

Floating the bucket while back-dragging on loose soil (while in the full dump position) is a great way to level and grade. That's how it's done with a dozer.

/ float system #4  
I use float a lot when loading material (dirt, mulch, gravel, etc.). Set the curl so the bucket doesn't quite dig in and put the lift in float; then you can drive forward filling the bucket as it follows the ground contour.

/ float system
Thanks all for responding. I will wait till next Winter and see how the float works on the driveway for blowing snow. I use it a lot for back leveling and it works great. I am a newbie so I am learning as I go and so far I have learned a lot. The tractor technology as sure improved since my old Massey Harris 22 and International B 275 lol. thanks
Gilles

/ float system #6  
I use float a lot when loading material (dirt, mulch, gravel, etc.). Set the curl so the bucket doesn't quite dig in and put the lift in float; then you can drive forward filling the bucket as it follows the ground contour.

Newbie question, how would float react when on uneven ground? My property is still a virgin lot, loaded with rocks, and stumps. Would float help me even if there are smooth surface rocks?

/ float system #7  
Floating allows the bucket to follow the "average" terrain. While floating the bucket, high spots are reduced and low spots are filled. After several passes you can level the land.

/ float system #8  
HOW is the float position engaged? I was fooling around with a DK45se on a friend's giant farm and when I tried to put the loader in "float" it just lifted the front of the tractor off the ground. What is the secret? What does "detent" mean? Would the float position be ideal for snow plowing? Thanks for any responses.

/ float system #9  
The float position is obtained by pushing the lever past the normal lowering position range. It will go into a detent position or otherwise lock into a full forward lever position. This opens the valve so no pressurized hydraulic fluid from the tractor is transmitted to the cylinders in either direction and the hydraulic fluid from the cylinders can flow back and forth as needed allowing the cylinders to extend or retract as the bucket moves up and down following the ground. If you're not sure how to do this, try with the tractor not running and you'll feel the lever lock in the fully forward position. When I use my bucket or snow blade to push snow, it's always in float unless I need it to dig into some hard snow. Another way to get it to dig in while in float is to change the angle of the bucket by lowering the cutting edge a little.

/ float system
HOW is the float position engaged? I was fooling around with a DK45se on a friend's giant farm and when I tried to put the loader in "float" it just lifted the front of the tractor off the ground. What is the secret? What does "detent" mean? Would the float position be ideal for snow plowing? Thanks for any responses.
Once you see the wheels lift off the ground push the lever further and it will lock into float and the wheels will drop. I use it a lot when snow blowing this way it does not dig the blower into the dirt but rides on top. The blower floats and follows the grade while the tractor moves up and down if that makes any sense.