Now here is the supprising thing. I think the JD filter
cost less than the MotorCraft filters I have been buying
at Wallyworld and the Wix made filter I got from the part
store! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif The JD filter was around $8 and while the
other two where about $10.

Go figure.....
Dan McCarty

/ FleetGuard Filters and JD #2  
If it's the same Fleetguard I'm thinking of, they are/were owned by Cummins Engine.

Here at work, we make rubber/plastic parts for induction systems used on all the over the road trucks and tractors. We sell to Fleetguard for some of their assemblies.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.fleetguard.com/en/index.jhtml>http://www.fleetguard.com/en/index.jhtml</A>

/ FleetGuard Filters and JD
gobbler,

Since it looks like FleetGuard is owned by Cummuns, then JD
must be using them to source their filters....

Its the only reason I can think of that would explain why the
dealer was selling FleetGuard products. And products for auto
manufactuers!

But I'm happy if I can buy FleetGuard filters for my truck at the
JD dealer cheaper than at WallyWorld. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Thanks,
Dan

/ FleetGuard Filters and JD #4  
I can tell you that many filters you puchase use a paper media material that is made for or by Purolator or Wix.

They created the filter buisness. If you are old enough to have changed the then "after market" add on filter on inline 6 chevy cerca 1952 and miss all 3 drain pans. Then you would know how to "wrap the paper" to rebuild the filter! Made the canister a step forward. "Spin-On" was just to much to hope for.

Fram did get me one time real good ( they have since been bought up and make a great filter) on some Cumins fuel filters!!! Seems as though they had a third world country make a boat load of product for them? The fuel filters paper base was glued to the bottom of the can with fish glue. OK diesel won't disturbe fish glue BUT when the water got there it moved this really sslimy gggooooy- gguuumy -striiinngy s**t thru the PT pump and thru the heads to the injectors on 24 tractors. I had pumps and jectors at pump shops 200 mile radius!!!

Man did we save money changing to those.......?

stink,rattle and,smoke docdezl

/ FleetGuard Filters and JD #5  
In the early 1980s some cheap imported oil filters were sold in the US in some of the cheesier five-and-dimes and fly-by-night auto parts stores. These filters were made to look like Fram and other well-known filters and sometimes used those names, but many had knockoffs of those names such as "Fran" instead. You had to look closely to see the difference, as they were painted the same orange and used the same style of lettering as the real thing. They were not true Fram (or whoever) products, but were designed to rip off people who were looking for the name-brand stuff. Needless to say, inside these phony filters were junk. But Fram and the other manufacturers got the blame by some who didn't realize what was going on. I remember newspaper articles about prosecutors going after the outfits that were distributing these fake filters, and their importation finally stopped.

/ FleetGuard Filters and JD #6  
I have worked in parts at Deere, Kubota, and Ford Newholland, Fleetguard is just a filter company that uses the tractor dealers as another outlet for their product. They also are sold at most large truck dealers. It gives the dealer, no matter what brand, a way to sell to customers with other color equipment. It's just more marketing.
Both Deere & CaseNewholland have suffered in profits over the last couple of years, and are both pushing and providing the dealers with a "will fit "supply of parts to help in their market share. And I believe, the other man was correct, I think Cummins has control of the company. They are a good filter and are usally priced to compete.

/ FleetGuard Filters and JD #7  
Ed,

Looks like now all of the cheessy people are the CEO/CFO types that run the companies we thought were solid.

Don