Front-End Loader Flat Face Hydraulic QC

/ Flat Face Hydraulic QC #1  

Smokeydog

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B26, M59, M5030DT
Been using them for thirty years. Many pros and cons but are my preferred QC for loader 3rd function.

IMG_2279.JPG

Many tools available to help making connections.

This is about Xboom coupler QC Mate

Available as a complete tool for about $100.

Or now can buy just the specialty jaws and use your clamp.
1/2” Jaws $26 with no pins.
Clamp $28
IMG_2276.JPG

IMG_2277.JPG

Easy to drill four holes for 3/16” pins or bolts.

Came with good instructions how to use and precautions to take.
IMG_2280.JPG

Makes easy work on making connections.
IMG_2278.JPG

The Irwin clamp is their HD quick-grip capable of 600# clamp force. Impressive. Have several of their medium duty models but this one is much stronger.

The jaws could be cut from 1.5” square tubing 2.5” long. Xboom makes a variety of sizes. There is a little interference on the back flanges and bulkhead fittings. Nothing a little grinding will not fix.
Making jaws well within most farming folks skills.

Overall a well made tool. Technique remedies most connection problems but sometimes pressure does become a problem. Age adds other issues. Some days swapping out attachments several times. Older suppose to be smarter too.

/ Flat Face Hydraulic QC #2  
Overall a well made tool. Technique remedies most connection problems but sometimes pressure does become a problem. Age adds other issues. Some days swapping out attachments several times. Older suppose to be smarter too.
Yep, I agree. (y)

More info and pictures in this thread: Why are hoses hard to connect???

/ Flat Face Hydraulic QC #4  
I have an XBoom QC Mate. Am happy with it -- if you can build it yourself with just the adapter plates, that's great. Without it, connecting my grapple with 1/2 flat face coupling is a pain. So much easier with the clamp!

/ Flat Face Hydraulic QC #5  
I just ordered the xboom qc mate for my flat faced snowblower. Those fittings SUCK to connect. Been fighting them for 9 years. Hope this thing works.
thanks for this thread……

/ Flat Face Hydraulic QC #6  
I was having trouble connecting my grapple regularly so I ordered the Waite Tool and it worked great until last week when it damaged the nylon retainer for the o-ring inside the QC. After that I decided to swap to the Dixon HTE series flat face plugs and now I can pick up the grapple and connect the fittings without even turning the tractor off.

/ Flat Face Hydraulic QC #7  
smokeydog, i want to thank you. I received the tool, and ive never had an easier time clicking the hoses together. Mine are larger 1” flat face couplers. Have beed a pain in butt for 10 years. Never knew this tool existed.

C5BB12BF-2ED0-42BB-85AB-9E17079419EA.jpeg
B4630FEF-C328-4D4C-82FA-1DFD2B004D97.jpeg

/ Flat Face Hydraulic QC
smokeydog, i want to thank you. I received the tool, and ive never had an easier time clicking the hoses together. Mine are larger 1” flat face couplers. Have beed a pain in butt for 10 years. Never knew this tool existed.

View attachment 753416View attachment 753417

Thanks for the positive feedback. Good that it worked for you.

Only wish it was more compact to fit into tractor tool box. Welded a hanger hook on the ROPS for the screw clamp on one tractor. Don’t transport equipment as much so keeping in the tractor shed not bad now.

/ Flat Face Hydraulic QC #9  
I can keep mine next to snow equipment. Its the only time i use flat faced units, so no issue with storage.

/ Flat Face Hydraulic QC
Week of daily gully washers. About a hour of showers with 1-2” of rain and strong winds from heat of the day energy. Cleaning up tree spoils, limbs and grading gravel gullies had me switching FEL implements several times with a hot tractor and hot outside temps. The X-boom clamp had no problems making multiple connections under pressure. Very satisfying click of accomplishment with minimal exertion. Works a little better with the bigger tractor with more room.