Fix one find another...

/ Fix one find another... #1  

NoTrespassing

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 1999 L3710 HST FWA
Not a big deal but disappointing. I replace the key switch on my 1999 L3710 Kubota yesterday. It starts great now, thanks to my wife and her long thin fingers I didn't even have to take the dash apart. So, I drive it back to the shed to put it away and a stream of hydraulic fluid shoots out of one of the loader hoses from a pinhole. Dang it! The hoses are all original and I've been replacing them one by one as they let loose. This will be the 3rd one I've replaced. I just parked it and will remove the hose in the daylight when I get home from work today. Luckily I don't need the tractor on a daily basis.

/ Fix one find another... #2  
Goes like that.... I was cutting grass day before yesterday and during the third pass there was big honking piece of metal laying in the field. Picked it up and discovered it was the entire rear 4x4 shaft including bearing, u-joint and mounting bracket. Seem the bolts came loose/out. Then the search for the front half of the shaft commenced. Found all the parts except one pin for the front shaft ( I have spares). Now to find time to drop the deck, find mounting bolts and put all back together.
Not a big deal I have practice, used break the rear mounting bracket until I took the welder and fixed it for good. Lost bolts but the bracket is not broken.

Another day another dollar. Might not get to it until after some cutting, well or until I need 4x4