First use of the 4820! Tilling.

/ First use of the 4820! Tilling. #21  
That's the issue I saw with the 15 series, the smaller tank on the 48hp units seemed ill designed. I think I'm only at like 11-12 gallons capacity

That got me looking up the capacities of the open station 15 series, and I was surprised to see it around 7.5 gallons. That's fine I am sure with a relative fuel sipping 25 horsepower, but with 48?! I imagine you get used to it quickly, but it was unexpected.

/ First use of the 4820! Tilling. #22  
So far on my 3725, the most fuel I've used has been almost 2 gallons an hour mowing some very tall, dense weeds.

Most of the time, I'm less than a gallon per hour. And that's with a 12 gallon tank (if my remeberer is correct).

Mine is non-turbo, of couse.

/ First use of the 4820! Tilling. #24  
I have so many things to do, but I need to use your example and go over the whole tractor carefully before I jump in.

I feel like I need to buy some supplies like hydraulic fluid, filters, grease etc, before it gets here. Any suggestions on brand, type, etc.

/ First use of the 4820! Tilling.
Finished the first pass. It took about two hours to till one acre, while breaking virgin ground. A total of 7.9 hours on the unit, and it’s running well! It’ll be a week or two before I get the second pass in to take it a little deeper and break it up a little more. Cruise control is awesome!

The dealer marked all the bolts, and it appears they are all snug as bug.

Ohhh, I also got to, had to, use the 4wd on the unit. When going over some previously tilled areas, traveling up hill, the rears began to lose traction and the 4wd assist was great. Everything shifts so easily and smoothly on this tractor.

/ First use of the 4820! Tilling. #27  
My 3725 can be a bear to get out of 4wd. Usually backing up a few feet will let me shift out without excessive force. If not I can use the loader to raise the front wheels off the ground. The 3 speed range trans is balky too. It feels like the gears have really tight clearances and it's gotten easier as I put hours on. I bet that H pattern 4 speed trans is much better.

My 3725 can be a bear to get out of 4wd. Usually backing up a few feet will let me shift out without excessive force. If not I can use the loader to raise the front wheels off the ground. The 3 speed range trans is balky too. It feels like the gears have really tight clearances and it's gotten easier as I put hours on. I bet that H pattern 4 speed trans is much better.
The H pattern is like butta for sure. I’m really pleased with the operation of the tractor. I can’t say at this point I have any dislikes. I do wish the operator platform had more clearance for mounting and dismounting. Maybe my next tractor will have more room 😂

/ First use of the 4820! Tilling. #30  
s-l500.jpg