First time using rough cut behind l4240

/ First time using rough cut behind l4240 #1  

94BULLITT

Tractor
yes
Saturday I used the my old 5ft king kutter rough cut behind the L4240. It really has good power. I could rev it 540pto and go through anything and it would never drop below 537rpm. I thought that the Bobcat I had handled it really well in comparison to the 8n, but you can't even tell that it is behind this tractor. It makes me wish I had a larger one really bad but I don't have much to do to justify buying a new one.

/ First time using rough cut behind l4240 #2  
I have almost nothing I would use a brush hog for but would love one.

/ First time using rough cut behind l4240 #3  
Yeah, you could easily power a 6' cutter. I am in my fourth day of cutting and have about six or seven more to go switching between our 6' on the 5740 and 10' on the M8540.

/ First time using rough cut behind l4240
I don't have any rough cutting to do for myself but I do some for a family member. I would like to have a 4ft for the bx to cleanup some of the woods on my property though. TripleR, you should try the 10' on the 5740.

/ First time using rough cut behind l4240 #5  
I don't have any rough cutting to do for myself but I do some for a family member. I would like to have a 4ft for the bx to cleanup some of the woods on my property though. TripleR, you should try the 10' on the 5740.

We have a 4' Land Pride for our BX and it has come in pretty handy over the years.

I keep the 6' on the L5740 as it lives with me where a ten foot really isn't practical due to the woods and narrow openings in the woods etc. even though it is our biggest property. The 10' stays on the M8540 where it lives four miles away on another farm that while smaller is open fields for the most part.

I run the L5740 up there for tight areas and this time of year when we do CRP mowing and I switch between tractors and need both cutters.

I am sure the 5740 would spin it, but there are a lot of hills and some is pretty thick. This is looking behind me on a pass with the 6', you can see my son coming through in a skid steer.

/ First time using rough cut behind l4240 #6  
I have almost nothing I would use a brush hog for but would love one.
If you lived closer we could both claim the one I own.:) I bought a 4' one to use on my B2320 and have actually used it one time and now it sits in my storage bldg in the very back out of the way. Probably won't use it again but when I ponder selling it I ............no, not now, maybe later.;)

/ First time using rough cut behind l4240 #7  
If you lived closer we could both claim the one I own.:) I bought a 4' one to use on my B2320 and have actually used it one time and now it sits in my storage bldg in the very back out of the way. Probably won't use it again but when I ponder selling it I ............no, not now, maybe later.;)

John, I have a RTR0550 like that. I bought it because a lot of family members wanted to put in gardens and I needed to reseed my yard.Needless to say as gardening is hard work, my tiller is sitting in my barn and looks new; thought about trading it in on my last bb, but like you can't seem to let it go.

/ First time using rough cut behind l4240 #8  
:):)
John, I have a RTR0550 like that. I bought it because a lot of family members wanted to put in gardens and I needed to reseed my yard.Needless to say as gardening is hard work, my tiller is sitting in my barn and looks new; thought about trading it in on my last bb, but like you can't seem to let it go.

:)

/ First time using rough cut behind l4240 #9  

Everytime I get a spot that I could use one I end up turning it into grass and mowing it with the rider. I would also love a bottom plow and a set of disk harrows even though I don't even have a garden. I guess grinding up weeds or turning dirt is the fun part of owning a tractor.