First oil change workmaster 75 2022 what in God's name

/ First oil change workmaster 75 2022 what in God's name #1  

RADIUM

Gold Member
Tractor
NEW HOLLAND 2420
Hopefully someone can explain this to me how are you supposed to get the oil filter out much less get the new one in the loader is not the issue look at the attached pictures the hydraulic line and exhaust system won't allow a 4-in filter to get between them please for the love of God don't tell me I have to take off a main hydraulic line off the pump to change the oil I'm so sick of this tractor LOL

Attachments

• 20230924_104829.jpg
    20230924_104829.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 235
  • 20230924_104836.jpg
    20230924_104836.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 238
   / First oil change workmaster 75 2022 what in God's name
As you can see with the one picture there's barely three inches in any direction to get anything through there you really have to remove the exhaust above or the hydraulic line off the main pump it can't be

/ First oil change workmaster 75 2022 what in God's name #3  
The emissions police strike again....lol You sure you have the correct filter? Sure glad I have pre 4 tractors, not that it's easy to renew the oil filters on my M9's because it's tight as well, but not as 'tight' as yours is. Glad of that. One thing I do is, I take a paint marker and record the hours on the filter so I can keep track of hours used, versus oil and filter changes. I do that BEFORE I install them as it would be very difficult to write on them after install.

If I were you (barring not having the correct filter), I'd remove the exhaust versus a hydraulic line but that is just me.

Good luck, you need it for sure.

/ First oil change workmaster 75 2022 what in God's name #4  
Wow, what a PITA that is! Engineers drive me nuts sometimes. Taking it to the dealer to do the service is a option but no matter how you slice it all they did was screw the mechanic and owner with that design!

/ First oil change workmaster 75 2022 what in God's name #5  
Got to echo exhaust removal; that's the easiest path.

A sadist designed that filters location.

/ First oil change workmaster 75 2022 what in God's name #6  
From what I'm seeing, it looks like that hydraulic line will come of real quick and easily. Hydraulic lines are usually sealed by compression and they can be removed and attached without sealing the threads. Some have an O ring on the face that's super easy to change, but you need to have a new O ring in that size. I have a couple variety packs that I can usually find the right O ring for my lines.

I would NOT remove the exhaust manifold. That would be a major job and require new gaskets for both ends of the manifold.

/ First oil change workmaster 75 2022 what in God's name #7  
The hydraulic line is the path of least resistance but still don’t know what else will have to be removed to get the old one off. They tend to install filters dry at factories so it may put up a good fight. Unbelievable!

/ First oil change workmaster 75 2022 what in God's name #8  
would NOT remove the exhaust manifold. That would be a major job and require new gaskets for both ends of the manifold.
I wouldn't either but I'd dam well remove the flex pipe and clamps. The flex pipe and clamps are what is causing the issue. Terrible engineering at it's best I'd say. That and the emissions police.

You need to shop around for a used but well maintained, pre 4 tractor. I have 2 and actually, I'd sell them for the right price. getting to old to farm anyway. Both are pristine, well maintained, get excellent fuel mileage (if that is the applicable term). Both are fully optioned out, both are FWA and both have had the pumps 'buttoned up' by my local Kubota dealer as well. Both are rated at 82 pto but both are making 94 pto as observed on my dealer's dyno. 100% mechanical and no emissions police bs.

/ First oil change workmaster 75 2022 what in God's name #9  
From what I'm seeing, it looks like that hydraulic line will come of real quick and easily. Hydraulic lines are usually sealed by compression and they can be removed and attached without sealing the threads. Some have an O ring on the face that's super easy to change, but you need to have a new O ring in that size. I have a couple variety packs that I can usually find the right O ring for my lines.

I would NOT remove the exhaust manifold. That would be a major job and require new gaskets for both ends of the manifold.

Well FMR, I stand corrected, hydraulic line it is. 🙃

/ First oil change workmaster 75 2022 what in God's name #10  
My friend asked his Dealer mechanic friend what he does when filters are buried and the answer is puncture the can with a pointed bar to break free…

Another option I’ve seen in difficult locations is a remote filter kit.

No experience on your model…

• Good Post
Reactions: JJT