Snow finaly blown snow

/ finaly blown snow #1  

laurencen

Veteran Member
Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat 5600T Kioti CK20, Cat D2 dozer, Cat 420 tractor loader, Deer 644E loader, Bobcat E32 mini and Bobcat 590 skidsteer, Toro Groundsmaster 325D
Well here in Saskatchewan we got some snow, my CK20 was stored over winter last year waiting for our new house to be built and alas its not built yet, we had 4 to 6 inches of snow on the ground, drifts way more, I used the old faithfull Case 444 at the house and it blows prety good but, on the acreage I played with the CK20, not to mention the Schulte blower is heavier than the complete Case with all of its attachments combined it is awsome, got over the rear blowing fast, our drive is 1500 meteres and once you get going its pretty straight, I even stopped the blower, using the loader piled snow and tried it in deep packed snow, this tractor is awsome but too bad its back in the trailer, I played (slaved) for 3 hours and enjited every second, last month I backfilled the basement, leveled the yard, dug pond and my new project will be a tree planter, this spring planted small trees, 500 of them, the ground was hard so we rototilled some 5 acres to soften the soil.

/ finaly blown snow #2  
Yup, these little machines are incredibly stout. My finance laughs at me because I go up to the highway where the plow trucks pile all the snow at the end of our road and snowblow the piles back into the woods, just because I can. :D

I can't wait for more snow:

/ finaly blown snow #3  
lucky... I have to resize my pto to use min :( we just got 8+ " today had to use me fel to clear it... heh had fun scalping the lawn some more
:D

/ finaly blown snow #4  
Dmace-

How far does your 3-point throw the white stuff on your CK20?

/ finaly blown snow #5  
It all depends on the type of snow. This last storm was 9-1/2 inches of light fluffy dry snow and at 2800rpms (540 pto rpms), the snow goes about 30 feet out at a max height of about 8-10ft. As I go through real packed heavy stuff like the snowbanks, it only goes about 10-15ft out and about 6-8ft high.

Here is a short video of my snowblower in action. It doesn't show how far the stuff goes though, I need to make a new one.

Snowblowing

/ finaly blown snow #6  
It looks like it throws pretty good - so thanks, you answered my question.

I like the video but you need an assistant to shoot the footage!

/ finaly blown snow
Hi BX24, here in central canada the snow is not wet, at -30deg C it is too cold, with a foot or more drift the CK20 will throw 24 to 30 feet, warmer temperatures the snow is wet and will only make 15 feet, if I slow the speed of the tractor it will throw further but 15 feet is lots.

/ finaly blown snow #8  
I was getting rid of 12-15 inches of drifted snow yesterday and my 5' Meteor was throwing it about 25 feet. Snow was dry. I had to go failrly slowly, but it was moving it quite well.

/ finaly blown snow #9  
12-08-07 cabin snow 006.JPEJust a little snow in northern Michigan,,,,the DK45SE works nice

/ finaly blown snow #10  
Just a bit in Catt County.

Attachments

• tractor.jpg
    tractor.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 380