FIMCO 60 gallon sprayer report

/ FIMCO 60 gallon sprayer report #1  

Saucymynx

Tractor
LS MT7 101 Farmall 656 Ford 2610 Farmall 140. JD 670
Hi all. I have been lurking here for a while and figured it痴 time that I contribute. I have been looking for a more convenient way to fertilize and apply weed control to my 1 acre yard as well as handle spot spraying duties. Since TSC is close to me I looked at their selection. I didn稚 particularly need a 60 gallon tank but I wanted a PTO drive so I went with the 60 gallon PTO model. Some of the reviews on the TSC site were mixed, but I didn稚 find too many other options. Well, I got it home, put it together and took it for a spin. Overall, the quality seems pretty good. There is a lot of plastic on it as you would expect but with a little caution it looks like it should hold up. I wont be using it every day to spray thousands of acres so I知 not too concerned about that. The roller pump seems stout and of decent quality. Assembly took some time but it wasn稚 a problem. Things went together well. This unit has a 12 foot boom and attaching the sprayer nozzles was tedious but went smoothly. My first spraying adventure was to apply 2,4 D to try and get control of my weed problem. Figuring out ground speed and pressure was pretty straightforward to get the correct application rate. The spraying itself went very well. The shut off valve for the boom is easy to reach from the tractor seat ( JD 670) and despite the wide boom and many trees in my yard the rig was quite maneuverable. It was also a simple task to jump off the tractor and use the spray wand for those areas I couldn稚 get with the boom. All in all, I am pretty pleased with this purchase. The only addition I would make is a drain plug on the tank so I don稚 have to run it out through the spray nozzles. I could probably figure that out on my own. With any kind of luck, my weeds will be less happy with my purchase than I am :)