Sprayer tank fill marks?

/ Sprayer tank fill marks? #1  

gstrom99

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 855, John Deere 530R zero turn, Allis Chalmers D17 III, Ford 9N - SOLD, Kubota B1550, Yamaha Timberwolf 250, Husky saws, H & H 10k and Carry-On trailers
I just bought a FIMCO 40 gal three point sprayer and spent a couple hours putting it together yesterday. I'm going to have to figure a way to connect the electric next. It seems well designed and sturdy. Came with yellow Tee Jet nozzles. The tank has no fill marks to judge the amount of fluid in it. Even my little backpack sprayer has those.

My question is this: Other than filling it with 5 gallons at a time, and marking the level somehow, is there a better way?

/ Sprayer tank fill marks? #2  
I have one of those that I use on the back of my Ranger. It's a symmetrical tank so 1/2 level mark is easy as is the two 1/4 tank marks. That should be enough resolution for pretty much anything you are spraying. I just use mine for 2,4D/atrazine and Roundup/2,4D/atrazine. Mine sprays ~3.1 acres on a full tank at 6 MPH with flood nozzles.

/ Sprayer tank fill marks? #4  
Mine doesn't have markings either, so I marked it in quarters. I rarely use it beginning less than full anyway.
I don't know your specific use or setup, but be aware that Fimco makes a wireless plug and play switch to control the pump. My tank is in the loader bucket with a short wiring run to the front of the tractor. The wireless switch let's me control the pump from the cab without a lot of additional wire.

/ Sprayer tank fill marks?
Fimco makes a wireless plug and play switch to control the pump. My tank is in the loader bucket with a short wiring run to the front of the tractor. The wireless switch let's me control the pump from the cab without a lot of additional wire.
I saw that, and thought that was a cool idea. I don't have a cab, so (I think) the wired switch will work okay.

/ Sprayer tank fill marks? #8  
I saw that, and thought that was a cool idea. I don't have a cab, so (I think) the wired switch will work okay.
Use the flowmeter that he showed from amazon , shut it off at 5,10, 15, 20 and so on, take 2 short pieces of tape and place them on the tank leaving a small gap where the water is in the tank and spray paint a line when paint dries remove tape and you will have a painted line on your spray tank at 5, 10 , 15 , 20 gallons and so on.

Problem solved! I called FIMCO customer service, and got right in... Turns out there ARE gallon markings molded into the tank. 10, 20, 30, 40, and halfway marks too. I just didn't see 'em. I just went out to the shop, found them, took a marker and highlighted them. Yay! :D