filters

/ filters #11  
I think you got a good deal. Waterman's seem to be nice people. I liked LandPower. Too bad they are gone.

/ filters #12  
I assume these are all Cub dealers? What other stores might have filters, etc that will work with the Cubs? Thanks.

- G

/ filters #14  
Ditto on the prices of CC filters. I too bought my 7234 from Landpower and am real disappointed they went out of business. I bought a set of filters from them, normally I would just call and they would ship, before they went out of business. Hazelton seems to be ok although I have bought a few things from Watermans because they are a dealer for the Bush Hog. I went to Palmer Spring in Portland one time and they tried to cross reference Hastings to the CC/Mitubishi part numbers but had no luck. I'll probably go to Watermans the next time I need some but will price shop before going.

/ filters #15  
Save your old filters and take them to NAPA. On the oil filter, most of the Japanese equipment uses the same thread (20 mm, if I remember right). The critical dimensions are the gasket outer diameter, so the filter seals properly on the block, and the overall outside diameter, so the filter fits into the cubbyhole it's supposed to go into. The most critical of the two is gasket diameter; you should be able to go a little larger in overall outside case diameter. (Diesels have more space between the outer edge of the gasket and the outside of the filter than do gasoline engines, by the way.) Usually filter height, how far the filter sticks up off the block, doesn't matter much in a tractor application, unlike many motor vehicle applications. The NAPA rep should be able to find something that will work. Same with the air filter, most likely. NAPA stores have a book that gives dimensions on all NAPA filters. Good luck.